• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Extreme battery problem within

lexan

Jan 14, 2010
I did a test last night, charged my phone too 100%
Turned it off( standby) and I went to sleep for 9 hours.:)
When I turn it back on Ime at 23% ..........
My battery life is starting to last about 4 hours with very moderate use during the morning. Anyone have it this bad?

Anyone have it this bad?
Yes. I'm running stock 2.1 and have also installed the OTA update from HTC.

Kelmar said:
What's your time without service.
1% at the moment. I know about changing the radio band to CDMA Auto PRL, and do it after every reboot, otherwise my TWS climbs back into the double digits.

Kelmar said:
Also, have you tried using spare parts to see what's keeping your phone awake?
Yes, and it says the top offenders are:

• Since last unplugged: Music
  • Total since boot: Last.fm
  • Total in all time: Calendar
That last one surprises me...especially since it says the Calendar has kept the phone awake for just over a day and a half! :eek:

sleepy

Upvote 0
After these last 2 or 3 HTC Software updates, my battery life is INSANE... I wake up at 6, and take my phone off the charger. By time I take lunch, at noon or shortly after, my battery is still either full, or above 90% (directly after the 2.1 update my battery would be down to 50-60%). I am also one of the guys that toggles 3G on and off as I need it.

In Short: These HTC Software updates have made my phone 100% better!

Upvote 0
Try this:
Stop using the Mail app.
What you can do is use the gmail app (which pushes email to your phone) and set it up so that it POPs your normal mail accounts.
That way you can get all of your mail with out the polling which the Mail app does. The gmail app also seems to sync with the POP accounts very often - maybe every 5 min or so.

This change alone made my phone last 2-3x longer on a charge! I am not getting about 36 hours per charge and before I was getting maybe 12 hrs.

Upvote 0
I used the HTC battery widget back on 1.5, had a fairly normal battery life that would last me until around 5 pm it showed 20% mind you I would get my phone off the charger at 7 am before work. As soon as I updated to 2.1 (still HTC battery widget was installed), I began noticing the battery life on my phone would drain horribly fast. I also felt charging my battery took longer than normal to reach 100% fully charged. So I read somewhere that having the HTC battery widget kills the battery life. I uninstalled the battery widget and quickly witnessed my phone being her normal self again....hitting 100% at least within 2-3 hrs after being 20% or less, also it feels my battery life has improved after 2.1 update because now I can last a day and a half - back on 1.5 only a day. So IMO if you're stressing on horrible batt life with the HTC battery widget installed, give it a shot by uninstalling it and testing the difference yourself. Again this is through my experience so I'm not sure if this will help everyone but good luck. I know poor battery life hurts.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones