• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Face off: Governor vs President

Its not a matter of who wins. It is how it is. The electoral college has voted the president in to office since it was established. I think its not right and isn't needed. It goes against the very meaning of the declaration of a government for the people by the people. Just look at Dewey vs Truman. Dewey got the popular vote and Truman got the electoral college vote. There is even a picture of Truman holding up a newspaper that said Dewey defeats truman. Proof of the people don't elect the president
Then who and how does the electoral votes get decided? Why are We The People casting votes at all? My understanding is if the majority of votes win the party, (Dems/Repubs), for that state, then the winner get that states electoral vote.

Presidential electors are selected on a state-by-state basis, as determined by the laws of each state. Generally (with Maine and Nebraska being the exceptions), each state appoints its electors on a winner-take-all basis, based on the statewide popular vote on Election Day

Upvote 0
I was referring to Obama's almost complete lack of political experience. And he definitely doesn't have a lack of exposure to corruption.

If he had the political experience then you'd probably say that he was a "career politician". I've seen what career politicians are capable of (see Newt) thus I don't think that's a good thing. Granted, Obama's lack of experience had him believe that he could work with the GOP.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones