1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Face recognition has improved, but

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mikeyg00, Sep 4, 2019.

1. mikeyg00

mikeyg00 Newbie

After my face is recognized why do I still have to swipe to get to my home screen?

I dont see a config option for this.

It's a minor thing, but doing this every time is annoying... hoping there's a setting I'm missing

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by mikeyg00, Sep 4, 2019 (3 points)
  3. marctronixx

You don’t have to swipe after face confirmation. You change that in settings.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. CmdrBond

CmdrBond Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a way to disable that. I don't use face recognition though, but did see it in a how to video.

Possibly Sakitech

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. mikeyg00

mikeyg00 Newbie

I found it. It was enabled by default... I didnt write it down and now I can't find it again, lol

Biometrics > Face Recognition > Stay On Lock Screen. Turn it off

marctronixx, CmdrBond and ocnbrze like this.
  6. ZepTepi

ZepTepi Android Enthusiast

It's not working for me at all. I got my phone last Sun and have tried 6-8 times in various lighting conditions but to no avail.
    When I try to register my face it goes to 70% very quickly then tells me to remove my glasses to continue but it never goes beyond 70% and eventually says "Couldn't register face. Face not recognized. Front camera may be dirty. Clean area above screen and try again" The front camera is not dirty.

Off to the local Verizon store I go. :rolleyes:

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

Never had any issues. What did they say?

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 release date was August 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.3" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Exynos 9825 processor, and 3500mAh battery.

August 2019
Release Date
Reviews