• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
thats not true, i have it on my SGS2... it's an app called Visidon.... and it works brilliantly. My phone is on an un-official 2.3.5.

Well worth downloading, it's so good, that's why it's been made a native app in ICS! But that doesn't mean it's not available... just means you have to download the app instead of being native. "Visidon" is what you're looking for, and it's free!

Reactions: spikeithard
Upvote 0
well she did say something about it has android 4 on the phone. then some older lady from the audience won it in a draw who most likely doesnt even know how to turn it on

sigh

My Galaxy Nexus arrives today with ICS. I am "older" and I bet I never even use the feature as I hate locking my phone. I keep the sensitive stuff in a password vault where it belongs.

Do not want to have to unlock my phone every time I want to use it even if it does recognize my face!

Upvote 0
that unlock program is pretty bad ass. I just wish you could get it for the main phone entry plus if you want individual apps.

guess you have to wait till ICS before you can get the real face unlock eh? :(

also, sometimes the face recognition only takes like half a second but other times it wont recognize me at all? should I reset and take more pics of my face in the settings?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones