• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook app just updated...

Sound has never worked for me. I get an icon in the notification bar but that is all. On the phone, in settings I have Notifications, Messages and Phone LED all ticked and in the Notification ringtone I have a sound chosen. But don't get a sound.

Because of this I have been using ebuddy as I get a sound with this but would rather only have one app for the job.

Have I missed something?

Upvote 0
I am using GingerVillain and I get a notification if someone sends me a chat message, but no sound. I think there is a problem with the app because if you google you will find many people have the same problem. I don't understand though how someone with the same phone running the same ROM can get the sound and I can't. The only difference is they are with Three and I am with Virgin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones