• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Facebook Calendar Issues...why is Facebook so BAD on Android????

fegriffith

Nov 8, 2009
Yet another day of frustration with Facebook...

I have the application installed...and I'm using Jorte calendar because it can be defaulted to the Google calendar when adding new events, etc.

So whenever someone sends me a Facebook event the damn thing shows up on my Jorte calendar. EVEN IF I DELETE IT. It's not showing up on my Google calendar.

People send more CRAP events through Facebook and it pisses me off to no end to see a freaking event on my personal calendar that goes for 180 days straight AND it's a crap event (such as REMINDER to "like" [insert stupid thing to "like"])

Bottom line...how the hell do I get these damn things OFF the calendar??? I deleted it from Facebook, it's not on my Google calendar, and I'm unable to delete it within Jorte OR the native calendar application.

I just can not get over how bad Facebook is on this damn thing. I'm ready to uninstall it and just forget Facebook entirely. It's a shame...I DO like having the birthday events.

ETA: O.k. I went within the native calendar application and unchecked Facebook...this has resulted in the removal of the dumb events and it appears it has still retained the birthdays. I guess the birthdays are syncing in at the contact level...

This is a solution for me for now, though I do (once in a blue moon) get a legitimate event I might want to have...but I'll just manually add it to my Google calendar for now...much less frustrating.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones