• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook Contacts

dawnstacie

Nov 10, 2009
So Verizon reset my phone and I am trying to relink my contacts in my phonebook with my facebook. But, all of the names aren't coming up. I type in my brothers name and it doesn't find a facebook profile for him to link to. Anyone else have this problem? I restarted and same thing happened. I uninstalled and re-installed and nothing!

I recently realized the phone can do this. Previously, I was linking each person individually, then it prompted me to link a whole bunch. Unfortunately, it did link the profiles, just not the pictures or birth dates. I'm hoping that I just need to give it some time.

It only links them if you have the full name (first and last) as your contact name in your phone. I hardly list anyone by first and last name, so it didn't help so much! :)

Upvote 0
When I downloaded FB, I assumed it would import the info over to my contacts list by matching email addresses. This never happened so I ended up editing each individual contact with the facebook account. Did I miss an easier way to do this? It sounds like it worked the first time for you?

Hey guys, not sure what i dd different, but i didn't do anything but download my FB app onto my Eris, and viola! the contacts that i had (in Gmail Contacts) that were in FB as well, pulled their pic, etc... fine

Maybe you should re-download app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones