• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook in Browser (regular version, not mobile site)

DDustiNN

Android Enthusiast
Dec 10, 2009
Is it possible to open the regular Facebook page in the browser? I am almost able to log in to it, but then it asks me for my birthday because I'm not browsing from a "familiar location". So I select my correct birth date from the drop-down menus, but the Login button stays grayed out for some reason and I can't go any further... Has anyone else had any success?

My reason for wanting this is so I can access the actual Notifications page. The way I currently have it set up, I get an e-mail notification in Gmail. Then when I click the link in the e-mail for whatever update it's supposed to take me to, it just takes me to the homepage of Facebook Mobile. Then sometimes it won't even list the New Notifications link. This makes it very inconvenient if I want to go find where to reply to a comment or something. I have to know exactly where it is, which is difficult if it's not recent. It's just difficult to navigate.

Just wondering if anyone had any luck with this. Thanks!

Yeah, I logged in, but it really sucks because the chat/notifications bar on the bottom floats somewhere in the middle of an infinitely scrolling feed page and it's hard to find and impossible to use. Have you tried clicking the little red number on the top left of the touch site page? Do those notifications not do the trick for you?

Upvote 0
Hmm that would be ok I guess, I didn't even know there was a touch site page. Mine always takes me to the mobile one, m.facebook.com. How can I set it to default to touch.facebook.com instead? Or do I just have to create a shortcut to it? I'd like the e-mail link to take me there, instead of the mobile page.

thanks

Upvote 0
Ok actually for some reason it worked today, when I tried the regular site (couldn't get it to work yesterday). Now my links take me to the regular page just fine (after disabling mobile pages in the Settings). Also, like you said, the bottom bar is in the middle of the page, but only when you are in horizontal view. If you're in vertical view, it is perfect and seems functional. Good enough for me ;)

Upvote 0
Yes, it is possible to default to open the classic view instead of the mobile view! I hate the mobile view...my phone has the ability to function like a desktop and therefore I feel cheated by aobile view. Here is the easy way to do it. Open your browser on your phone, click on the Menu, then Settings, then Uncheck the Mobile View box. Exit to save your settings. Now when you open facebook, amazon, eBay, etc, you will see the traditional desktop version.

Hope this helps,

Anna
The Baby Store Lady :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones