• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

facebook issue on bionic

aaronmach1

Android Enthusiast
Nov 13, 2009
michigan usa
for the last month or two i have a very annoying issue with facebook on my bionic. Everytime i look at somones photos, if i go into an album and look at the pics then i hit the back button to back out of the current album to see a different one or go back to there main page, it goes back to my news feed everytime. skipping over the other albums and their profile completely. then i have to relook up their name and start over. any ideas? anyone else have this issue?
I have uninstalled the app an reinstalled it. didnt make a differance.

How about the very recent update that FB put out - still doing it?

Try one more time - but first, clear cache and data for the app, then uninstall it, then reboot the phone, and finally install it again and log in.
just retried all of the above and nothing helped. I cant completly uninstall it though because its an included app with ics. But i uninstalled all the updates etc. Also i dont have this problem at all if i accesss fb through the internet on my phone. just have issues with the app. i like using the app though.

Upvote 0
Many, many people are so unhappy with the Android Facebook app that they just use the web site instead. That said, there was a story a few weeks ago that Facebook is paying their engineers to use Android phones rather than iPhones so that the Android app wil be improved. So, perhaps there is hope that things will be better.

Reactions: aaronmach1
Upvote 0
pretty sure the facebook app just sucks. always has, probably always will.

The newest version of FB for Android is a ton better. According to what I read, they dropped the unbearably slow HTML5 rendering and the app is a ton smoother now. For all those who have stopped using it, give it a shot now.

Reactions: OutOfPhase and Thom
Upvote 0
The newest version of FB for Android is a ton better. According to what I read, they dropped the unbearably slow HTML5 rendering and the app is a ton smoother now. For all those who have stopped using it, give it a shot now.

it definitely looks different, I'm not sure it's better yet.

I just wish it didn't take 10 minutes to load a page, on a dual core phone with 4G...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones