• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Facebook - Update

System Panel shows it as an active application even after I back out of it and Spare Parts shows a high value for Partial wake usage. Anybody else running into this after the update?
Yeah my battery seems to be draining rather quick since I opened it so I just checked my partial wake usage and noticed that Facebook was VERY high. I wonder if you actually have to log-out instead of just backing out of it to get it actually close?

Upvote 0
hi this might not be the right place to post this..
but does anyone know why my incredible is syncing only certain contacts with facebook? i have it all set to do it automatically but for some reason it only happens on a select few. for example, some contact photos will magically change when my fb friend changes it on their profile without me prompting it and the only way i can get others to update is if i logout and then re-log in to fb which of course screws up all my contacts. so frustrating! any help would be much appreciated! thanks! :)

Upvote 0
Try going to Settings and setting the Sync Contacts setting to Remove... I set mine to Sync with Friends in Contacts and it started FC. Set it back to remove and it started acting normal.
yep i did that and it finally worked. Syncing wasnt working anyway. HTC sync works fine still anyway

totally confused. there is a facebook app that comes with the incredible. when i go to the market, it shows no updates for facebook. are you suggesting we install a brand new facebook app? will there then be two facebook apps on the incredible? if so, when you guys are talking about a nice overhaul, great update, etc. you're really talking about a completely different app than the one we have as default?
go to market search facebook, it should have an update for it

Reactions: indianajonze
Upvote 0
Reboot your phone. Happened to me too.

Anyone else having a problem with the app updating all contacts multiple times? It from went 53 to 106 to 159....it was odd. I turned if off and just let the htc account sync and use the facebook app lol.
yes its broke....i was up to 22xx contacts pretty damn quick

Upvote 0
System Panel shows it as an active application even after I back out of it and Spare Parts shows a high value for Partial wake usage. Anybody else running into this after the update?

Yes, this new update prevents my phone from sleeping. For the first time ever, I have had to add an app to an auto-kill list in Task Manager. I'm more than a little annoyed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones