• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Factory Reset rolls back to which Version Number?

sonesh

Android Enthusiast
Nov 2, 2010
Coventry, UK
If I do a factory reset, will the phone be running the version before the update, or will it still be v2.2.1?

Ever since I installed the 2.2.1 update back in December, my phone has been restarting itself, and most recently, disconnecting me mid way through phone calls.

I've decided this is caused by the update not getting along with all the customisations I added before the update, so I am going to do a factory reset.

Also, if it removes v2.2.1, do I want to reinstall v2.2.1 (this time before I install my apps)? I know this update was pulled for a good reason, but I'm thinking thats only because it is incompatible with phones that have already been used for 2 months before being updated.

Its only taken me about 6 hours to get everything back to how I want it, but I found a few things.

Firstly Juicedefender was responsible for the massive slow down. I've switched to Green Power and it seems a lot quicker.

I've not seen any reboots yet either which is good, but its been less than 24 hours. And I haven't tried making any phone calls yet so cant say if I'm still getting randomly disconnected, but have a feeling that could have been caused by Juicedefender.

Upvote 0
A side note, if you send your phone to be repaired by HTC and it's on 2.2.1, they'll flash it back to 2.2.

and they charge you for it.

I enquired with HTC about going back to 2.2 and they said it would be a "chargeable repair" best thing is to wait till 2.3 and it will be fine. I haven't had many issues with the update (besides the sms) but I open the sms stock app every so often to check anyway

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones