• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I did a factory reset a while back when I was on 2.1 since my phone was so laggy I couldn't even place a phone call, and I'm sure glad I did as it's now a speed demon and super smooth. Yes, you lose your apps, but you can easily use appbrain to sync them. I actually did it partially, but didn't want to install all the apps at once as I thought that might be the problem, so i did it more piecemeal and it seems to be doing the job.

what about the contacts? what are the steps to import from gmail account?

As long as your contacts on in your gmail account and you sync your phone with it, there should be no loss of anything. Syncing with google is great, isn't it?! ;)

I also made a backup of my screens and shortcuts with launcherpro and it saves to the SD card, which is retained. I also took screenshots for good measure. In the end, if your phone is having major issues, a factory reset is a necessary measure and should make your phone work like new.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones