• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FAILED (remote: unknown command) finished. total time: 0.000s

It sounds like you might not be entering the command correctly. First I thought maybe you weren't running the commands from the proper directory but you said it recognizes the command fastboot devices.

When you type fastboot devices is command prompt showing the serial number of your device?

I've never unlocked a Motorola device so I'll have to look around to double check the process.

Reactions: lucky saini
Upvote 0
It sounds like you might not be entering the command correctly. First I thought maybe you weren't running the commands from the proper directory but you said it recognizes the command fastboot devices.

When you type fastboot devices is command prompt showing the serial number of your device?

I've never unlocked a Motorola device so I'll have to look around to double check the process.

thanks for reply
yes it is showing the serial number of my drive
but when i fastboot commend it
show remot unknown commend error ☺️

Upvote 0
Are you typing in exactly this:
fastboot oem get_unlock_data

Also, did you unlock the developer options in your device and enable us debugging and also allow oem unlocking?

yes sir i have usb debugging mode on and also oem unlocking mode on in dev. option
and i have tried
'Fastboot oem get_unlock_data '
and appreciate that ur trying to help ☺️

Upvote 0
I just looked at the Motorola bootloader unlock webpage. Your device isn't listed as one of their devices that have an unlockable bootloader. Is it possible that this feature is not supported on your model?

they are un unlockable
check again
and sir this is commend window

Attachments

• Ud.png
    Ud.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 13,523
Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Thanks for posting that. I can confirm it all looks correct.

It's very hard to find information on this device. I have seen a couple things around the web though for moto c plus and they have mentioned that the bootloader can't be unlocked along with other Motorola devices with mediatek processor.

Can you do me a favor and run one more command:
fastboot getvar all

And if possible can you copy and past that text into a post here? But please don't post the IMEI/MEID of your device. Go ahead and delete that number before posting.

I really need to get to bed for the night as it is 3am here. But I will look at all this information you post from the getvar all and see if I can find more information about your device tomorrow.

Reactions: lucky saini
Upvote 0
Thanks for posting that. I can confirm it all looks correct.

It's very hard to find information on this device. I have seen a couple things around the web though for moto c plus and they have mentioned that the bootloader can't be unlocked along with other Motorola devices with mediatek processor.

Can you do me a favor and run one more command:
fastboot getvar all

And if possible can you copy and past that text into a post here? But please don't post the IMEI/MEID of your device. Go ahead and delete that number before posting.

I really need to get to bed for the night as it is 3am here. But I will look at all this information you post from the getvar all and see if I can find more information about your device.

thanks sir
go get some sleep
i am going to run commend and i will post before u wake ☺️

Upvote 0
Oh one more thing I just read about the Moto E which is a mediatek processor also. They say for that device you don't need a unique code for bootloader unlock and that the command fastboot oem get_unlock_data doesn't work.

Try just using the unlock command:
fastboot oem unlock

ok sir
i am tryin and will repost screenshot ☺️

Upvote 0
Can you try one more command?
fastboot flashing unlock

I'm not having much hope about getting this device unlocked. And I can't really find anything about your exact model. If you are sure this can be unlocked, how do you know? Can you post a link to the source? I'd like to take a look at what you are looking at.

this is link sir
it says if ur drive is not in list below feel free to go to unlocking process https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solution/MS87215

Upvote 0
this is link sir
it says if ur drive is not in list below feel free to go to unlocking process https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solution/MS87215
I did read that last night. It is telling you that if your device is not listed you can try the Unlocking process to see if it works but that doesn't mean that it will work for every device.

For example, if you buy a phone through a wireless carrier, some of them will lock the bootloader. A good example of this is the new pixel phones. You can buy it from Google and it has an unlockable bootloader. You can buy the same exact device through Verizon wireless but the bootloader is not unlockable.

For the fact alone that it is showing as an unrecognized command, I don't think that phone can recognize the command because the bootloader isn't unlockable.

When I was looking around before I saw some information on the sp flash tool but I can't recall if I saw anything specifically for your model. And it's a tool I'm unfamiliar with and a device I'm unfamiliar with so I didn't want to start having you flash things that I didn't understand. Hopefully @James L can provide some better information on this.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
You would need to port Twrp for your device currently. Here's a link to a guide on how to, once a working recovery is produced.

https://www.androidweblog.com/root-motorola-moto-c-xt1750-install-twrp-recovery/

Didn't see the video above before i posted lol. :D

I have ran across a few really obscure things for moto c model number xt1750 and 1754.

His device is model number xt1755. I cannot find TWRP, ROMs or anything for this model. I would hesitate to have him flash TWRP for another model, especially with no factory images to fall back on.

I dunno. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels at this point. I'm not comfortable enough with this process or this device to advise flashing anything. I have literally spent hours scouring the web for anything useful for model number xt1755 and it's simply not there.

I'm no pioneer. I can follow a root guide and help someone through the process with a device I'm not familiar with, if there's a clear process. But when there's not one single thing out there for this exact model, i gotta just call it at some point. I don't have the skillset to build a version of TWRP for this device.

@lucky saini I'm going to have to give up on this one. I just can't find anything useful. You could try a tool such as https://kingroot.net
But anything you try is at your own risk. I cannot confirm that there is any root available for this device and I really don't want to instruct you to do anything that will break your phone.

If I can think of anything else to look into, I will. But for now, I'm all out of resources.

Upvote 0
I have ran across a few really obscure things for moto c model number xt1750 and 1754.

His device is model number xt1755. I cannot find TWRP, ROMs or anything for this model. I would hesitate to have him flash TWRP for another model, especially with no factory images to fall back on.

I dunno. I feel like I'm spinning my wheels at this point. I'm not comfortable enough with this process or this device to advise flashing anything. I have literally spent hours scouring the web for anything useful for model number xt1755 and it's simply not there.

I'm no pioneer. I can follow a root guide and help someone through the process with a device I'm not familiar with, if there's a clear process. But when there's not one single thing out there for this exact model, i gotta just call it at some point. I don't have the skillset to build a version of TWRP for this device.

@lucky saini I'm going to have to give up on this one. I just can't find anything useful. You could try a tool such as https://kingroot.net
But anything you try is at your own risk. I cannot confirm that there is any root available for this device and I really don't want to instruct you to do anything that will break your phone.

If I can think of anything else to look into, I will. But for now, I'm all out of resources.

i have tried king root and kingo root
android apk and pc software and trying to flash anyother modal's twrp but it says not allowed in lock mode
now i will give it to my lil sister and will buy a honor 6x
thanks sir for ur hard effort
appreciate it .☺️

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones