• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Failed to Initialize Camera - but not!

spark001uk

Jun 28, 2010
Just what the title says really, I've noticed that every now and again when I'm using the camera, the "Failed to initialize camera" message pops up, yet the camera continues to work fine. Anyone else get this?
I've tried clearing all data etc and it still does it, albeit occasionally.
Wonder if it's a bug with ANG2 update, can't remember when that update was now though.

I note that the OP shows he/she has 4.4.2

The 4.4.4 release has several changes relating to the camera. Once of which is to restore the ability to mute the Shutter Sound.

See if your carrier has released the 4.4.4 update and that "should" fix your message problem.

I'll be lucky, here in UK I only just got the 4.4.2 update for my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition, 7 months after the update was released just about everywhere else in the world! So who knows how long the S5 4.4.4 update will take to reach here!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones