• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fallout 4?

One week away, I am going to have such an unproductive couple of weeks. The thing I'm looking forward to most is how completely customisable all the weapons and armour etc are, and as far as I can see you can end up building your own little empire.
I still go back to the 360 to play a little New Vegas now and then.

Upvote 0
Preordered last month, pre-loaded last night, just waiting for the unlock tomorrow and then two days off work. :D

If it's little more than a 3x larger "world" than FO3 then I'll be ecstatic. I've still got 3 character saves in that, all with >200hrs gameplay, and I still find surprises and/or unexplored areas whenever I revisit. The Fallout universe is about the experience, not the gloss. If I want to be a smooth-talking con-artist in power armor who is deadly with a .50cal sniper rifle then I can be! :)

Upvote 0
The problem with the Fallout franchise (well, Bethesda to be honest) is the bugs.

QFT

I've been badly bitten this time around... one particular side quest is stuck, meaning I can't obtain the subsequent two and therefore miss out on the last bobblehead I need for the full set! It's one of the SPECIALs too. :mad:

I also have another two minor ones that won't initiate (NPCs give default responses instead of unique dialogue), preventing me securing a well-defended and centrally-placed settlement. I was able to use console commands to recover another two that glitched out on me, otherwise I'd probably have hugged a deathclaw due to sheer frustration by now. :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones