• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fascinate and Droid X side by side pics

I don't think anyone was giving anyone else a hard time, just trying to get a better understanding of what was being said.

Look at the Droid X forums and you'll find a number of threads of people expressing how many there prefer the DX's display over the AMOLED or Super AMOLED displays. All of the various displays have pros and cons and opinions on them usually reflect an individual's personal preferences. Statements like "I like this" or "this is better" may mean a great deal to the person making the comment but don't really help others as much as they might. Knowing what specifically was liked or disliked seems much more likely to help others.

Here is a purely objective comparison of several displays, http://www.gadgetsdna.com/iphone-4-retina-display-vs-motorola-droid-x-vs-droid-incredible-vs-evo-4g/4412/. Clearly, the AMOLED in the Incredible blows the others away in contrast, and the Super AMOLED in the Fascinate would probably be even better, but then look at the brightness and color accuracy numbers and one sees some of the tradeoffs. Which display is 'best' all depends on the test conditions and what is important to the individual making the assessment.

A single picture of a condition that makes the most of the advantages of one display is probably not a good basis for assessing the relative display quality. I've personally seen many examples of either intentionally or unintentionally controlling the environment, setup and images in display comparisons in order to control the outcome of video display comparisons. Any good comparison would include looking at different screens and pictures, under different lighting conditions, at different angles and so on. For example, in the picture in the link the black background used for the Fascinate screen really takes advantage of the contrast ratio of Fascinate, but what about a mostly white screen like a typical web page or different lighting conditions that would affect the perceived black level?

How many question marks does it take to help you come to the conclusion that you were being a bit brash?

This is your quote. "better"? Brighter? Higher resolution? Greater contrast? More accurate? Better in sunlight?"

Lighten up pops.

Upvote 0
How many question marks does it take to help you come to the conclusion that you were being a bit brash?

This is your quote. "better"? Brighter? Higher resolution? Greater contrast? More accurate? Better in sunlight?"

Lighten up pops.

I don't know, I don't see anything brash in that post or anything to "lighten up" about. He simply is asking for specifics. I haven't seen either screen in person yet, but I want to. Once I do, I'll have an opinion of which I feel is "better" as well. But if that is all I report to other people, it might be hard to understand why one might look "better" without further explanation. I think that's all he was saying.. Personally I bet you can't go wrong with either one ... :D

Reactions: Old Man
Upvote 0
i have tried out the Captivate and the Vibrant and the super amoled screens are freaking nice looking. I have also owned the MotoX for a few days before i returned it, and the Motox does look washed out and bland in comparison.

I have also seen about 15 different video reviews for the Galaxy s and its variants, and the common theme is that the reviewers loved the ultra high contrast amoled's on the phone.

Sorry if i did not provide enough details for you, but from the seat of my pants, the Droid X screen is weak sauce compared to my incredible and the upcoming Fascinate..

BTW, he was just expressing his opinion, why give the guy a hard time.

;)

The Amoled screens are over-saturated and do not produce true colors. Some people like the saturation, some don't. I personally don't. :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones