• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fatalities 2024

Actor Chris Gauthier, best known for shows like "Once Upon A Time" and "Smallville" has died suddenly at 48. No cause of death has been noted.

RIP, Mr. Gauthier, and thanks for sharing your talents. Condolences to your family, friends, fans and loved ones.
My sister and I have been avid fans of Once upon a time for a spell now...

Reactions: joe71
Upvote 0
Just got a phone call from the wife that my daughter's guinea pig short hair passed. I think he was around six or seven.
Rip shorty

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240303_150614_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20240303_150614_Photos.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0
I meant to put the most important name down, the guy who created Dragon Ball, and its entire long run on the many many many many Episodes, he was the one true Sayian! Akira Toriyama - Wikipedia Akira Toriyama.

- on a personal note,
it has been 21 years since my father's death.

Last edited:
Reactions: joe71
Upvote 0
Paul Alexander of Dallas, Texas, has died at the age of 78. He contracted polio as a child, which resulted in his being paralyzed from the neck down, and at age six was placed in an iron lung, where he spent the next 72 years of his life. That gained him an entry in the Guinness Book of World Records.

Still, he led a pretty full life. He managed to go to college and law school and practiced law. He also wrote an autobiography.

RIP, Mr. Alexander, with condolences to your family, friends and loved ones.

Reactions: Madd65 and olbriar
Upvote 0
I just learned that British character actor Michael Culver died February 27 at the age of 85. He had lots of roles over the years, but perhaps his most memorable (at least to the public) may have been being choked to death by Vader (via the force) in The Empire Strikes Back.

RIP, Mr. Culver, and thanks for sharing your talents. Condolences to your family, friends, fans and loved ones.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Former NHL enforcer Chris Simon has died at 52; no cause of death was noted.

RIP, Mr. Simon, with condolences to your family, friends, fans and loved ones.

From the NHL announcement:

The NHL mentioned his ferocity as a player in a statement Tuesday evening.

"The National Hockey League mourns the passing of Chris Simon, who played in more than 800 NHL games over 15 seasons. A fierce competitor and teammate, Simon won the Stanley Cup with Colorado in 1996 and reached the 1998 Stanley Cup final with Washington as well as the 2004 Stanley Cup final with Calgary," the statement read.

"Our sincere condolences go out to his family, friends and former teammates."

Upvote 0
Former NHL enforcer Chris Simon has died at 52; no cause of death was noted.

RIP, Mr. Simon, with condolences to your family, friends, fans and loved ones.

From the NHL announcement:

The NHL mentioned his ferocity as a player in a statement Tuesday evening.

"The National Hockey League mourns the passing of Chris Simon, who played in more than 800 NHL games over 15 seasons. A fierce competitor and teammate, Simon won the Stanley Cup with Colorado in 1996 and reached the 1998 Stanley Cup final with Washington as well as the 2004 Stanley Cup final with Calgary," the statement read.

"Our sincere condolences go out to his family, friends and former teammates."
A short while ago I read that Mr. Simon took his own life and had been showing “strong signs of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, a brain disease caused from concussions and traumatic head injuries”.

CTE has been much in the news these last few years, predominantly in professional athletes who participated in sports that are more likely to involve traumatic head injuries, such as football, boxing and hockey.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones