• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Fatality: 2019

Jack Burns, a child actor and excellent ballet star, has died at 14. His death is not being treated as suspicious, but there is no cause of death yet given.

One article here: https://www.syracuse.com/entertainm...let-star-jack-burns-found-dead-at-age-14.html

RIP, young man. I hope you had a blast in your all-too-short time here. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and loved ones.
No longer enmeshed in the ballet world, I was unaware of Jack. But reading up on him now makes clear that he was a talented dancer, and had big things ahead. RIP young man...too young...

Upvote 0
Unless you're a Californian, by birth like me or as a transplant, you're probably not familiar with Porto's Bakery, but it's legendary here. I'm saddened to hear of the death of its founder and family matriarch, Rosa Porto, who was 89.

Hers was truly an American dream story. She and her husband left Cuba after Castro took power, arriving in LA flat broke, and created a mini-empire of awesome bakeries.

If you're ever in these parts, do yourself a favor and visit one. I've only been to the Glendale location; its lines are often out the door!

RIP Ms Porto. You and my mom lived to the same age. Wave at her, if you don't mind. She had the biggest sweet tooth, and oh how she loved your goodies! The huge birthday cake we got for a relative one year was still discussed, with great pleasure, long afterward. :D

Reactions: rootabaga
Upvote 0
I never watched Chelsea Handler’s show, and didn’t really know who Chuy was, but he sounds like he was pretty funny and creative. RIP, Mr. Bravo, and bravo to you for adding some humor to the world.

shutterstock_editorial_9052547cd.jpg

Chuy Bravo, Chelsea Handler’s sidekick on her E! talk show “Chelsea Lately,” has died in Mexico City. He was 63.

According to reports, the Mexican American actor died suddenly after being hospitalized with stomach pains while visiting family in Mexico.
I have seen one or two episodes of her show..

Upvote 0
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...writer-behind-friends-theme-tune-dies-aged-72

I had no idea who wrote these hits. Great career. Feisty lady. Nice article. Rest in Peace.
Oh no. :(

I've become very familiar with Allee Willis ever since I came across AXS-TV--a channel I like so much, I've even posted a thread about it. Anyway, Ms Willis, with her distinctive, and raspy, voice, adds a lot of wit and wisdom to shows on AXS.

Prior to that, I had never heard of her; since then, I've been in awe. I'll miss her.

Condolences to her loved ones.

Upvote 0
Controversial 'shock jock' Don Imus, of Imus in the Morning, has died at 79.

Here's a very informative article that did a lot to jog my memory on why he was so controversial.

Condolences to his family and friends.
I only listen to him once or twice when he was on the air, the other day some station in Nevada was playing an older show of his it was around 2am

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones