• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite App so far.... Developers please see link to Announcements above.

Is there an app that works like the iPhone setting, that lets me text a drafted message on incoming call's, instead of answering the call? Thx in advance! :)

The Galaxy Note II has that as a call reject method on the incoming call screen. I think my streak did too...

1364100562_picsay-1364100562.jpg

Upvote 0
Is there an app that works like the iPhone setting, that lets me text a drafted message on incoming call's, instead of answering the call? Thx in advance! :)

There is an app called Qtext that will popup automatically when you reject a call and you can send a user defined SMS. You can create as many user defined messages as you want and choose which one to send. It works great.

Reactions: Lowrider1
Upvote 0

You can do this rather easily in Tasker. Also, on newer Motorola phones it is easily done with Motorola's Smart Actions app which comes on all newer Motorola phones (I'm pretty sure, that is.).

Upvote 0
With the impending closure of Google Reader, I've come to like Taptu for my rss needs. Nice app, nice UI, and they have a web interface too.

I used to use reader pro but i have now moved to pulse and i have not looked back the lay out and content is amazing I think i can read more and see more on pulse then I could on GR p

Upvote 0
ok i have had enough of Enhance Emails accumulating bugs and breaks that never gets fixed or recurs within days of an update. Without going into the bad to worsening experience with that app, i am trying out MailDROID. This email app does out rank Enhance Email, leaves it in the dust.

Got the same and much more features. One cool feature with MailDROID is how you can use pictures in your siggy at the end of an email.

Click HERE: To Get A Copy of MailDROID

1364294578_picsay-1364294578.jpg

Upvote 0
ok i have had enough of Enhance Emails accumulating bugs and breaks that never gets fixed or recurs within days of an update. Without going into the bad to worsening experience with that app, i am trying out MailDROID. This email app does out rank Enhance Email, leaves it in the dust.

Got the same and much more features. One cool feature with MailDROID is how you can use pictures in your siggy at the end of an email.

Click HERE: To Get A Copy of MailDROID

1364294578_picsay-1364294578.jpg

I haven't noticed any bugs w/ Enhanced Email, but I did see they raised the price to 9.99 USD, I paid like 3-4.99 for it. LOL

Upvote 0
I haven't noticed any bugs w/ Enhanced Email, but I did see they raised the price to 9.99 USD, I paid like 3-4.99 for it. LOL

Eventually you will. Emails will stop getting deleted from the server as you delete them from the device and will keep repopulating your inbox. Some downloads of the app, dont ask me how it is, will continue to crash when you try to back out from the settings. And at times youll see your emaild coming in, get that tiny round red dot with the count per inbox then suddenly the emails wipe out and you cant retieve them.

Lots of sporadic and ongoing bugs..

In time, you will end up having to physically log into your emailclient and clear out the many emails that piled up ad keeps getting pushed to your phone, despite all the settings on both ends. At that point what use is the app when you log on to your email accounts anway..

I paid 9 also. He brought it down for awhile because of bugs and ”special sale”... but every since i tried MailDroid, it makes Enhance Email feel 'dossy' (old 2 dimensional dos system). Try the free version. Its got same EE features but more. And i wad an ee fan from the start.

Upvote 0
Eventually you will. Emails will stop getting deleted from the server as you delete them from the device and will keep repopulating your inbox. Some downloads of the app, dont ask me how it is, will continue to crash when you try to back out from the settings. And at times youll see your emaild coming in, get that tiny round red dot with the count per inbox then suddenly the emails wipe out and you cant retieve them.

Lots of sporadic and ongoing bugs..

In time, you will end up having to physically log into your emailclient and clear out the many emails that piled up ad keeps getting pushed to your phone, despite all the settings on both ends. At that point what use is the app when you log on to your email accounts anway..

I paid 9 also. He brought it down for awhile because of bugs and

Upvote 0
My new fav is k9 mail. I've always used it for my mail acconts, it's always been much better IMO... but I just downloaded the latest apk and it solved any minor issues I ever had with it. The playstore version is 4.2, but I never realized there were newer versions available. If you use k9, make sure you grab the latest apk: Downloads - k9mail - K-9 Mail is an advanced email client for Android - Google Project Hosting

The send button at the top is the main feature I was missing. That, with the better ui makes k9 my new favorite.

Upvote 0
A News Reader Replacement for Google Reader? I prefer feedly. We can use Feedly subscribe the content of your favorite sites, rss feeds, tumblr blogs and YouTube channels. And when you run feedly on a phone and on a tablet, the configuration will automatically syncs between both devices.

that sounds like what i use

but I would love to see an app that is a combination of RSS feed reader that you can view and reply to fourm threads (pulse and tap-a-talk) all in kinda deal... if anyone knows of one let me know :)

Upvote 0
Just discovered Screebl. Clever app that I think may save me some battery life. It can tell when I am holding my screen in a position where I am using my phone and stays switched on. Useful when looking at something for a long time and stops it switching off. Also can tell when I put it down and it switches off. Think I will buy this one.

Loaded AndroMouse lite to try it out before buying but can't get it to work. I can't seem to get to the settings panel on my PC. If I click on anything it just tells me that AndroMouse is already running. Can anyone give me a clue as to what I am doing wrong?

I have always liked SwiftKey but am liking it even more with the flow thing!
The problem with Screebl is if you put your phone in your pocket or somewhere where it is horizontal and the screen comes on, it will stay on.

Upvote 0
The problem with Screebl is if you put your phone in your pocket or somewhere where it is horizontal and the screen comes on, it will stay on.

yeah I ran into this i keep my phone on my belt and it stays horizantal and it killed my battery ... maybe it might be good if used with tasker some how

Upvote 0
The Galaxy Note II has that as a call reject method on the incoming call screen. I think my streak did too...

Yes the Dell Streak 5 also had a way to send a call straight to voice-mail and so does the original Galaxy Note.

But what I liked best was what people could do on the StarTAC 8000g.

The StarTAC 8000g had a way to immediately disconnect a call without sending them to voicemail and since I forwarded my home phone to my cell phone that option came in real handy to get rid of callers that had to be telemarketers. And if it was an important call they would just call right back since they couldn't figure out what happened. :)

-----

As for the OP. My favorite apps are Google Maps, FoxFi, TuneIn Radio Pro, Slingplayer and Dish Anywhere but I have to use ES File Explorer and ASTRO to make installing and archiving of applications easier.

Note, I'm not real thrilled about the latest versions of FoxFi or TuneIn Radio Pro since they are both a step backwards for me so I use File managers to install previous versions of those two applications.

Upvote 0
Yes the Dell Streak 5 also had a way to send a call straight to voice-mail and so does the original Galaxy Note.

But what I liked best was what people could do on the StarTAC 8000g.

The StarTAC 8000g had a way to immediately disconnect a call without sending them to voicemail and since I forwarded my home phone to my cell phone that option came in real handy to get rid of callers that had to be telemarketers. And if it was an important call they would just call right back since they couldn't figure out what happened. :)

-----

As for the OP. My favorite apps are Google Maps, FoxFi, TuneIn Radio Pro, Slingplayer and Dish Anywhere but I have to use ES File Explorer and ASTRO to make installing and archiving of applications easier.

Note, I'm not real thrilled about the latest versions of FoxFi or TuneIn Radio Pro since they are both a step backwards for me so I use File managers to install previous versions of those two applications.

I like the idea of immediate-reject and no one-ring-voicemail. Back in my winmo days, i used an spd 15$ app (whew) that did that. I wonder if i can set this GN2 to do a reject with no voicemail.

I like ES FileMgr. MyBackupPro now required OI File Mgr to move things around when transfer my streak backups to the sd on my GN2.

MY LATEST FAV is still MailDROID. I LIKE creating custom folders, filters, spam setting, lots of stuff not in Enhanced Email

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones