• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Favorite platform

Whats your favorite gaming platform?

• PC

Votes: 54 33.1%
  • Xbox

Votes: 46 28.2%
  • Playstation

Votes: 54 33.1%
  • Wii

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Portable (Phone, DS, other)

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters
Really looking forward to GT5, Infamous2, Killzone3 (Killzone2 was immense!).

Trying to finish off my current PS3 games right now (Want to play Heave Rain through a few more times to see some other paths in the game)

I also need to pickup God of War III and Modnation Racers (when it drops in price a bit). Definately gonna get Move when it comes out, as SOCOM looked excellent at E3.

Upvote 0
I own all three of the consoles and have a nice game rig but I always come back to the 360. I really hate the Sony controller. Never felt right to me. The 360 controller is so much more natural to me. Can't live without the triggers. My PS3 only gets used as a Blu-Ray player and for exclusives, which in my opinion are not half as good as the 360 exclusives. As mentioned by others online gaming is better on the 360 as well.

I think Sony missed the mark with this generation of consoles but that's just my 2 cents. :)

Upvote 0
The PS3 without a doubt, the exclusives are SO much better, the online is so much faster. I had a Xbox for a while, but it was too damn noisy, and the games all seems to be shooters which bored me.

I prefer the PS3 controllers too, fit the hands better, the Xbox controllers are too bulky and designed for fat hands. I didn't like how I needed to replace the batteries all the time, that sucked.

Upvote 0
the exclusives are SO much better, the online is so much faster. I didn't like how I needed to replace the batteries all the time, that sucked.

Hmm, uh, Gears 1-3, Fable 2 & 3, all the Halo games, Alan Wake, Crackdown 1 & 2, Forza 2 & 3, Lost Odyssey, Saints Row? Those are some of my favorite games. The only thing worth my time on the PS3 has been God of War 3 and the Uncharted games. Killzone 2? Please...

PS3 online servers blow compared to the 360. Sorry, but if you play MW2 on both systems you will see this.

How does the console make online gaming "so much faster?" Sounds like you have a sloooow internet connection. Not a problem for me.

You don't need the batteries if you get the charging kit. Problem solved!

And yes, I own both consoles so I can give an educated opinion. I'm not saying the PS3 sucks I just don't agree that it's "so much better."

:D

Upvote 0
Hmm, uh, Gears 1-3, Fable 2 & 3, all the Halo games, Alan Wake, Crackdown 1 & 2, Forza 2 & 3, Lost Odyssey, Saints Row? Those are some of my favorite games. The only thing worth my time on the PS3 has been God of War 3 and the Uncharted games. Killzone 2? Please...

PS3 online servers blow compared to the 360. Sorry, but if you play MW2 on both systems you will see this.

How does the console make online gaming "so much faster?" Sounds like you have a sloooow internet connection. Not a problem for me.

And yes, I own both consoles so I can give an educated opinion. I'm not saying the PS3 sucks I just don't agree that it's "so much better."

It's purely opinionated. He prefers his PS3 over the other consoles but some of us do not share that same sentiment. As an owner of all three consoles, I feel that the 360 steers more towards my gaming style with it's game library and options.

Reactions: Aiyan
Upvote 0
Yeah, it's like when it comes to RPG's releases then I think PS3 is doing it better, but again - I like the games on x360 released more, which again covers my gaming style and what my preferences in games are.

Which is completly allowed, since after all. It doesn't really matter what console you have or like, it's the games on it that counts. :)

Upvote 0

None of those Xbox really interest me that that much (I have played some, seen others), they all seem like poor cousins to the likes of the Playstation platform exclusives GranTurismo, Infamous, Killzone2, Uncharted, HeavyRain, Resistance, LBP and so forth, they all offer the best experiences online and off. Uncharted2 was a total masterpeice and every gamer needs to experience it, the only problem is, afterwards many games no longer cut the mustard, in particular Xbox and multiplatform games.

The last Xbox game I really played was Gears2 and the matchmaking and online gameplay was truely horrendous, since then I havn't touched my Xbox, I didn't bother renewing Xbox Live, as I could not justify 40Euros for what the PS3 offers for free.

I'm not saying the Xbox is crap, but It's really showing it's age, not just in hardware, but the games too. Crackdown2 was a blatant rehash of Crackdown1, the Halo series has done nothing special since Halo3 and seems a constant cash-cow.

Pretty much everyone I know either has both systems or just a PS3, and in the last year or 2 the focus had defiantly moved to PSN gaming for us, no subscription fees, nobody excluded.

There is nothing wrong with my internet thanks, I mostly play Playstation exclusives as they use dedicated servers and work faster. (Xbox Live does not use servers for gaming), when I used to game on Xbox, it was luck if you connected to a good or bad game, and it meant disconnecting and trying other games. I don't have this problem with PS3 gaming, everything seems to be fast, first time. This is important to me.

As mentioned, it may be down to the TYPE of games, the Xbox seems to have a endless stream of shooters, and whilst some may love this, many of them are very similar. I much prefer the variety of games on the Playstation platform, I can get the shooters, the best shooters, as Killzone2 easilly outclasses anything I have ever seen on any platform, and Killzone3 looks even better, but the point is, I am not limited to that genre. Much like the PS1 and PS2 before it, the PS3 is where it's at, at least for me and my gaming buddies.

Upvote 0
None of those Xbox really interest me that that much (I have played some, seen others), they all seem like poor cousins to the likes of the Playstation platform exclusives GranTurismo, Infamous, Killzone2, Uncharted, HeavyRain, Resistance, LBP and so forth, they all offer the best experiences online and off.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but that's all it is. Saying something is "the best" is only YOUR opinion. That doesn't make it a fact. Neither does all your friends owning a PS3. How long have you been waiting for GranTurismo now? Hahaha. Your opinion can be that Killzone and Resistance are "the best" but the sales figures don't agree. Halo and Gears crush them in sales and in my opinion those two PS3 games are the ones that seem like the red headed step children.

All my friends have a 360 but that doesn't make me think it's "the best." It's just what I prefer. In the future please refrain from saying something is "the best", or "so much better" as this will only lead to flaming.

It's all good. :cool:

Reactions: Jeted
Upvote 0
Yeah, it's no point is saying what is best or not. We can deliever facts to each other, but let's just agree to disagree. Same goes for live vs PSN.

Great thing about PSN, its free and you can use it on all of your PS items. The negative is the internet itself ain't as good as live. Hence where xbox live has its positive, it's more stable and more powerful... but you need to pay for it!

You see where this is going? It just means there is always a con and pro with a console, be their internet connection, hardware, software. Thus it's much easier and better to talk about the games. Unless you want it to become a flame war which Ninja Monkey said. :)

Upvote 0
YHow long have you been waiting for GranTurismo now? Hahaha.

Yawn... This is the funniest argument ever. The reality is, and I know it's hard for someone that obviously reads Joystiq or Kotku, as this is what they constantly bleat on about, is that GT5 is not delayed, it never had a release date, and if you look at the previous games on PS1 and PS2, they all turned up about mid-way into the console lifecycle.

I think the only difference these days, is that gamers are spoilt kids that cry when they don't get what they want.

Me, I would rather have something when it finished, rather than the rushed out the door crap like Forza3 was. Clearly Turn5 saw that there was no way it could compete with GT5, so it released what it had at the time. The "Hahaha" is actually on someone that wasted their money on that crap.

Upvote 0
if you look at the previous games on PS1 and PS2, they all turned up about mid-way into the console lifecycle.
Gran Turismo 3 was released just over a year after the launch of the PS2, so your claim that they "all" turned up about mid-way into the console life-cycle is false.

MikeSeventeen said:
Me, I would rather have something when it finished, rather than the rushed out the door crap like Forza3 was. Clearly Turn5 saw that there was no way it could compete with GT5, so it released what it had at the time. The "Hahaha" is actually on someone that wasted their money on that crap.
This is rather childish isn't it? Especially coming from someone who claims to own both systems, so you could be playing Forza 3 (and Forza 2) while waiting for GT5. That's what I'm doing. I love the Forza games and I'm sure I'll love GT5 when it's released in the UK for the PS3.

Metacritic ratings for the games: -

Forza - 92%
Forza 2 - 90%
Forza 3 - 92%

Gran Turismo - 96%
Gran Turismo 2 - 93%
Gran Turismo 3 - 95%
Gran Turismo 4 - 89%

As those are average scores based on many critical reviews, it seems pretty clear that they're all excellent games. If you love racing games, you wouldn't care what platform the game is released on, but every post you've made on here about gaming exposes you as a fanboy who'd be better off sticking to the N4G forums rather than dragging down Android Forums.

Upvote 0
If you love racing games, you wouldn't care what platform the game is released on, but every post you've made on here about gaming exposes you as a fanboy who'd be better off sticking to the N4G forums rather than dragging down Android Forums.
Well put my friend, well put.

We do not tolerate this troll-like behavior here at Android Forums. Either be a contributing, positive part of the community, or face the consequences.

:)

Reactions: ThreeDog
Upvote 0
I loved GT 1 & 2, never got 3. I picked up 4 which was shortly after Halo 2 game out which is the reason I even got a Xbox, I had always been a PS fan before that. GT4's multi player just really left a bad taste in my mouth which was one of the main reason's I got that game. My room mate and me could not get our system's to link to each other so we could play, plus the game forcing you to drive with no assist and all that junk. That game is the reason I sold my PlayStation 2, because there was no other game that interested me to keep the system, after that I went Xbox only. I had got a PS3 2 different times now to try it out, and I just don't like it really. I prefer the 360.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones