• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Feel like contributing..

I'm sure I built it correctly, took the CM9 cdma files and put them in MIUI V4. Still not working. I think I should probably stop trying with this rom, and let someone more experienced handle it. :|

You're going at it right, but I think you might have to actually edit the smali files to match the files in CM9. That's going to be a pain.

Reactions: FrenchToast
Upvote 0
You're going at it right, but I think you might have to actually edit the smali files to match the files in CM9. That's going to be a pain.

Gannon do u think u could do these edits and post them I've been researching on this but I just get completely lost it seems pretty advanced but that's probably just cause I'm a noob lol

Upvote 0
I tried that, replaced it with 2 others, but then it didn't even go into the boot animation. Just froze at the boot logo, also, it wasn't boot loop, just once the boot animation was over, it stopped and nothing happened.

I saw on xda that edowar said we needed a working 35 kernel to port over miui 4.0 easier from edowar "
And it will be easier to port.got this from edowars post ( The kernel is more vanilla, and will be easy to patch kernel than old one.

3g split is memory management from linux, its mean 3gb for user space kernel and 1gb for kernel virtual addresses, more info http://kerneltrap.org/node/2450

And it will be easy to port this rom to miui rom because its required vm 3g split rom from cyanogenmod.
He also has 35 kernel working on his rom so hopefully soon for us I know manteras working on it

Upvote 0
Yeah. I might pick it back up if I get the Triumph soon.
Me and a few other devs for a few other devices have joined a team called APP (Andriod Porting Projects). It's for people like me who port other ROMs to other devices and we might be able to get this device supported soon enough.
You guys do have a guide that I made for porting MIUIv4 and I have sent Ziggy a guide for porting Sense. So, i didn't leave on a bad note :)

Reactions: melissapugs
Upvote 0
Yeah. I might pick it back up if I get the Triumph soon.
Me and a few other devs for a few other devices have joined a team called APP (Andriod Porting Projects). It's for people like me who port other ROMs to other devices and we might be able to get this device supported soon enough.
You guys do have a guide that I made for porting MIUIv4 and I have sent Ziggy a guide for porting Sense. So, i didn't leave on a bad note :)

We thank u for what u have done gannon but if you could elaborate more on how to get 3g working we've tried porting from similar devices but can't get them to boot what are we doing wrong?

Upvote 0
i will share the guide if its wanted (probably a stupid question lol :D )

i will also try to get sense booting before someone buys my triumph.

p.s- remember gannon you could buy mine ;)

Yes please the quide would most def help Ziggy and I'm sorry if you said it before but are u leaving us too or are you still gonna develop for us if you do

Upvote 0
Yes please the quide would most def help Ziggy and I'm sorry if you said it before but are u leaving us too or are you still gonna develop for us if you do

ok heres the link to the guide: Porting Sense - Pastebin.com (just if you decide to make a thread, try to make it like a dev thread. but only once you have something to work from k)

and its ok ;) im just getting a different phone thats all. ill still be here doing what i do now. it will just be a lil different as i wont be able to test the things that me and mobstergunz put together. so we may end up recruiting testers... maybe not. we dont know yet :D

Reactions: Twizted6789
Upvote 0
ok heres the link to the guide: Porting Sense - Pastebin.com (just if you decide to make a thread, try to make it like a dev thread. but only once you have something to work from k)

and its ok ;) im just getting a different phone thats all. ill still be here doing what i do now. it will just be a lil different as i wont be able to test the things that me and mobstergunz put together. so we may end up recruiting testers... maybe not. we dont know yet :D

Well sign me up as a tester if you or mobsterguns need one and glad you will still be building for our phone

Reactions: ziggy46
Upvote 0
Call me crazy, but this weekend I'm going to (try) to edit all the smali files in the MIUI V4 framework.jar cdma folder to make them match CM9. Hopefully we will get signal then, also if I have the time I may try the porting sense :)
CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!....LOL.Awesome toast good luck and ill try to help if I can whatever u need help with ill do my best to get it done I'm a noob also but were learning thanks to gannon and Ziggy

Upvote 0
Don't you guys think we should make a MIUI V4 thread? I mean, one other than Austrie's. Maybe then more people will notice it and helpout? Also, I thought of something recently, what if I decompile the Ideos MIUI V4 Framework.jar and put the CDMA files from that into our Framework.jar? Considering the signal appears to work on that one, then it might work on our rom right?

Upvote 0
Don't you guys think we should make a MIUI V4 thread? I mean, one other than Austrie's. Maybe then more people will notice it and helpout? Also, I thought of something recently, what if I decompile the Ideos MIUI V4 Framework.jar and put the CDMA files from that into our Framework.jar? Considering the signal appears to work on that one, then it might work on our rom right?

How's this going toast have u tried decompiling miu v4 framework yet and putting it in ours

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones