• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Few Questions...first up, Notification Issue. PLEASE HELP

izzy35

Android Enthusiast
Jun 2, 2010
New Incredible owner here and I really want to LOVE this phone so I would like to iron out all of the kinks...

1) NOTIFICATION: If i get a notification for an email, it rings and vibrates, as its supposed to, however, if I get additional emails prior to checking the initial one, no audible or vibrating notification comes through. Is this supposed to be???

2) POP/IMAP EMAIL: is there a way to change it's particular notification "tone" or am i forced to keep the default?? I can change the gmail one's but don't see a personalization section for the other mails.

3) VIBRATE: is there a way to increase the strength or change the pattern? Also, if my phone is set to vibrate, by using the volume button, shouldn't it vibrate regardless of the individual settings in each application, i.e. messages, emails, etc.

Thanks so much for any help!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones