• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FFC Lens Coming off

skinien

Android Enthusiast
Jul 23, 2010
I realize that it's probably not the actual lens, but a protective glass/plastic that sits above the actual lens. Either way, I'll call it a "lens" for the sake of explanation.

Today I noticed a piece of lint stuck on the top of the front facing camera lens. When I got a closer look, I noticed that it got stuck in there because the top of the lens stick out passed the phone bezel. It's like the lens is sitting at an angle, and the top sticks out while the bottom doesn't.

If I rub my fingernail over the camera lens (from top to bottom) I can feel the snag. So, I know that it's definitely sticking out.

Anyone else with this problem?

lol. That Ill let you know tomorrow. Its currently flying, and most likely over Colorado right now. lol. Im just going off the pictures that Ive personally seen and how you described it. Got pics of it? That may help, because to be honest, when I played with it at the Verizon store the other day, it LOOKED flush. I could be wrong though.

Upvote 0
lol. That Ill let you know tomorrow. Its currently flying, and most likely over Colorado right now. lol. Im just going off the pictures that Ive personally seen and how you described it. Got pics of it? That may help, because to be honest, when I played with it at the Verizon store the other day, it LOOKED flush. I could be wrong though.

haha... have a safe flight.

I think I'm just going to go into a Verizon store and take a look. It looks flush until you inspect it closely. I wouldn't have noticed if a piece of lint didn't get stuck in there.

Upvote 0
Just checked mine and its the same as yours. Sticks up a hair on top. But my case would prevent anything from snagging on it. Don't think I'm going to return it for such a minor issue. But I would guess they would exchange it if you took it back.

Thanks for checking. I just got back from Verizon. The two TB on display looked just like mine (and yours). They even up a new on and it was the same.

The rep told me that I wasn't the only one that has come back questioning whether or not it was a flaw. They have received several shipments and they are all like that. It's hard to tell until you get something stuck in that tiny crack.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones