• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

File "bleed" to sd card

I have an On5 phone and yesterday put in a sd card from my friend's mp3 player. When I used esfileexplorer to look at the card's contents, it suddenly showed a file labelled 'Android' that had alit of website addresses that I visited but that my friend would never visit. And when I looked in my phone's storage, I found the exact same file.
My question is, how did this file make it online to the sd card? Also, I added two songs to a playlist, then put them in the card...and now the mp3 player won't read them or any of the previously installed songs.
Any help would be really good.
Mandy

When you looked at the SD card, what was the file path (i.e. folder names)? Because "/sdcard" is not the removable card but a bit of your internal storage pretending to be an SD (to allow badly-coded legacy apps to work if you don't put a card in the phone). What you describe sounds like you may have looked/copied to there rather than the actual SD card, which would probably be called something like /extSD or /storage/emulated/1 (there are various ways it is addressed, and some devices do it differently from others. Indeed most have several ways of addressing the same space).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones