• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root File structure

kdraw44

Android Enthusiast
Mar 25, 2012
Macon, GA
Hey guys, I'm having a problem understanding this file structure I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I added a 16 Gigabyte SD card and when I install apps it goes to the internal storage. In a file explorer it shows SD card 0 and SD card 1 when I move apps to sd card it moved into SD card 0 SD card one is my 16 gigabyte SD card. How can I get my apps to move to my 16 gigabyte card?

Hey guys, I'm having a problem understanding this file structure I was wondering if somebody could help me out. I added a 16 Gigabyte SD card and when I install apps it goes to the internal storage. In a file explorer it shows SD card 0 and SD card 1 when I move apps to sd card it moved into SD card 0 SD card one is my 16 gigabyte SD card. How can I get my apps to move to my 16 gigabyte card?
You need to go into Storage, i believe, and tell it which card you want it to default to. SD0 is the fake internal SD card, which is the original default.

Reactions: kdraw44
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones