• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Finally done with Boost

rootabaga

Android Expert
Aug 11, 2014
Crazyville, CA
I never really signed up with Boost, but became a customer when they acquired Virgin Mobile. I didn’t really have any problems with them, though for some strange reason after using an actual Boost SIM the signal was worse. Plus they didn’t have wireless calling and not even an option for international roaming.

So yesterday I jumped on Mint Mobile’s Black Friday sale (really just a recapitulation of a deal they’ve had on for a while, pay for three months in advance and get three months free, but before BF you had to get a phone as well) and ordered their service. It was also nice not getting nicked ten or twenty bucks for a SIM, that was free with the order.
So in a couple of weeks (still have twenty days left of Boost service that’s been paid for) I’ll be a MM customer. Since they piggyback on T-Mobile’s NW I expect better coverage, and the ability to use international roaming is a nice option. WiFi calling/text will also be nice (that at least would have removed some obstacles on a recent trip in Europe).

Now I just hope that Ryan is in it for the long haul and not just to improve company value and sell it to someone else. ;)

Hope everyone else is satisfied, but I sure wasn’t. ;)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Did the cutover process earlier today. Still have poor cellular reception at home, but at least I now have WiFi calling so I can reliably use the phone at home. ;)

As an added plus, Ryan Reynolds sent me a thank-you text with his home number in case I have any problems.

* Some parts of this post may not be entirely true… ;)

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones