1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Find all "hidden Apps" that hide SMS and MMS

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by warpnoob, Jun 6, 2013.

1. warpnoob

warpnoob Lurker

I am looking for an App that can be installed on a rooted Andriod that would specifically detect and uncover any other App handling or manipulating SMS and MMS. I am quite certain there is some hidden app on a family member's phone that is "hiding" MMS and SMS. I only want to find the App and verify it exists on the phone. Disabling it would be cool too. I thought about doing a factory reset but then I would probably loose all the contacts, ringtones, other apps, etc. Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Harry2, Jun 16, 2013 (1 points)
  3. dlhavema

dlhavema Member

get the phone look at the "Installed Applications" ( under Settings ) and jot down any app you don't recognize and then check out what it does through the App Store. I'm not aware of any apps that can hide from this listing...

4. warpnoob

warpnoob Lurker

The ones I am refering to "advertise" they are totally hidden from any listing...I guess they could be masked under a different name. But I assumed (the newer good ones) would not even show up on the installed applications list as a pseudo-named app.

5. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

ES File Explorer has a build-in app manager which is able to show "hidden apps" and to handle it (-> Tools -> App Manager -> System Apps)

Harry

Charity Harris and warpnoob like this.