• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Fios Wifi problems

I'm having a hard time connecting to my Fios router. It says trying to connect and obtain IP address over and over, and then fails.

Typed in the right Mac address.... not sure why I can't connect?

Any ideas?

some of the X's have had issues with wireless connection. Usually having something to do with using the "N" mode on the router. If the "N" mode on your router (assuming it has one) allows to choose between 2Ghz and 5Ghz, I think I've read you'll need to choose 5Ghz.

The other possiblity is
how many devices do you have connecting? I'm not sure how the FIOS router is setup but if they preconfigured the device to only hand out a maximum of say, 10 IP's then when 10 devices connect an 11th will get denied. You need to determine if that's configured to allow enough IP plus room to grow.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones