• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FireTV Stick

You might be able to get more feedback posting your question at the Amazon Fire TV Stick help forum. FireOS is based on Android but it's still a matter where you're only going to interact with the FireOS interface, not Android that's running beneath.
https://www.amazonforum.com/s/fire-tv
It might also help if you're more forthcoming with what might be relevant details
-- What kind of TV do you have? Presumably it's a SmartTV but since you're using Fire TV Stick is it an older TV that just has HDMI? What make and model TV?
-- What mobile device are you using? Tablet or Phone? Which model and which version of Android is it running? Or are you using an iPhone?
-- Since WiFi isn't an option instead of mobile device-to-Fire TV Stick-to-TV have you tried using USB to HDMI cable? (wired vs wireless)

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response it is appreciated.

JVC: Model #: LT24EM74 it is an older model tv with just HDMI. I am using a Google Pixel 6 as a hotspot.Running the latest version of Android. I tried third party apps but they all seem to require both devices be on the same local Network. I am not sure what the work around could be.

You might be able to get more feedback posting your question at the Amazon Fire TV Stick help forum. FireOS is based on Android but it's still a matter where you're only going to interact with the FireOS interface, not Android that's running beneath.
https://www.amazonforum.com/s/fire-tv
It might also help if you're more forthcoming with what might be relevant details
-- What kind of TV do you have? Presumably it's a SmartTV but since you're using Fire TV Stick is it an older TV that just has HDMI? What make and model TV?
-- What mobile device are you using? Tablet or Phone? Which model and which version of Android is it running? Or are you using an iPhone?
-- Since WiFi isn't an option instead of mobile device-to-Fire TV Stick-to-TV have you tried using USB to HDMI cable? (wired vs wireless)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones