• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Red3Chilli

Aug 25, 2011
Hey guys!

Right now im on VillainRom 2.4.2, and i was wondering a couple of things. If i wanted to flash my phone to,say, KG5 or KG6, would i have to wipe everything again or could i just put it on? Not a problem really as i only just put on villainRom and wouldn't lose much.

Also, do ye find villainrom better than KG5/6 and why?

If not, what firmware do ye prefer or would recommend?

Thanks!:)

Actually I would suggest you to upgrade your firmware to XXKH3 as it has better modem that can improve your battery life. Also it is official release.

Go through this process again
Flash firmware --> root --> flash ROM --> flash kernel

I would suggest you to flash KH3 based ROM.
I personally use RevolutionROM
[ROM] [XXKH3] LeoMar75 Rom Revolution v2.6 - Kitchen App - xda-developers
As it allows you to do a customization as you wish using the RevolutionROM Apk.

Just a 2 cents..

Upvote 0
Yeah the kh3 modem works pretty well. I flashed it over the top of Villain with no problems. I don't know why but I'm not really bothered that Villain is kg6 based and not kh3. I'm happy to wait the extra time it takes for their roms to be released, after all you can't rush quality. If a new rom gets released the day after a firmware leak then it doesn't fill me with confidence that it has actually been tested properly. A prime example of this being Lite'ning.

Upvote 0
Well apparently litening has several issues. So your view is justified. That is also why Villain is so popular. But Revolution, I believe, will give Villain a run for their money. If you have time, you should try it out!

I have tried Sicopat, Villain, Touch X-Treme, and now Revolution. So far Revolution is the best, amazingly easy customization for themes, fixes, boot animation, dialer themes, wallpapers, APM, extended toggles, BLN etc, etc.

Reactions: Shotgun84
Upvote 0
Actually I would suggest you to upgrade your firmware to XXKH3 as it has better modem that can improve your battery life. Also it is official release.

Go through this process again
Flash firmware --> root --> flash ROM --> flash kernel

I would suggest you to flash KH3 based ROM.
I personally use RevolutionROM
[ROM] [XXKH3] LeoMar75 Rom Revolution v2.6 - Kitchen App - xda-developers
As it allows you to do a customization as you wish using the RevolutionROM Apk.

Just a 2 cents..

Thanks. So i can flash the firmware to KH3 and still use VillainRom? Or would i have to use a different rom altogether seeing as VillainRom is based on KG6?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones