• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firmware problem on GALAXY SM-A105G

knkman

Lurker
Jul 16, 2019
Hello to all I have a problem with my phone my brother had fun with and to download many games, however, when I got it back, and when I turn it on, it remains stuck on a message: "An error has occurred while updating the device software Samsung ..." Is there anything that could help me?

I'd start by asking him what he actually did, because no amount of game downloading will do that so if he says that's all he did he is lying. Of course he might have just done something stupid like accepted a system update then turned the phone off while it was part way through installing, but knowing what he did will help with identifying a solution.

You could try booting into recovery mode and wiping the system cache. At the least it will do no harm.

The ultimate is to download the latest official software for your model (full model and variant numbers) from Sammobile.com to a computer and reflash the phone completely. As I'm not a Samsung expert I'm not really the person to talk you through that, but that should solve pretty much any firmware problem (whether it will wipe your data I don't know: on most manufacturers' devices a stock firmware flash does reset the phone).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones