• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Firmware update problem!! Stucked!!

6GDominator

Lurker
Dec 30, 2011
Hi guys,

Today i just want to update the latest firmware for my HTC Incredible S for 3.0 HTC Sense. Before i start to download, i try to have a factory reset for my phone because this lately i dont know why, my phone hangs a lot and i have to take out the battery and put it in and start the phone and it runs like normal. I can say it hangs quite often.

Anyway, after i reset my phone, i started to download it. After the download is finished, i install it and it only reach 1/3 of the bar during the installation and it got stucked. I try to take the battery out and restart the phone but it still the same. Can someone help me with this problem? :(

Getting frustrated and hope someone can guide me this. :(

You have to get into the recovery screen, to do so:

1. Turn the power off. If your HTC Incredible S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and hold the Power button until the device turns on
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
didnt work!! i mean i tried the way you teached me to hold down the volume down and press and hold the start button but the screen still show that it is updating the firmware. the strange thing is that i have to plug the power cable in order to start the phone and not with the battery. i think last nite i just left it updating without charging it. how? :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones