• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

First Android device

I got my HTC Thunderbolt when Verizon released it. Was a little hesitant to jump on the "Smart Phone" band wagon. Definitely not an iPhone/Apple kind of guy. I had a BlackBerry 8330 which I HATED.
Definitely NOT regretting getting an Android phone. No 4G in my area yet, I'm outside Boston.
Still working though all the details of what apps suit me best and seeing what settings and usage do to battery life. So far it's about what I expected. charging at least every night. Getting rid of my iPod Nano 6th gen to move completely to the TB.

Now I want to get my daughter (only 10 yo) an Archos 43 for her music and games. I have an Ipad that I got as a corporate Christmas gift, but looking forward to the newest crop of 10" Android tablets. Dual cores (I heard quad cores are not far off), lots of connectivity options.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones