• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Fission & FRM ?'s

shizumie

Jan 24, 2011
Ok, so I finally took the plunge and went from a stock rooted D2 to a ROM. I used Fission Rom Manager, to install . . . Fission 2.5.7 with third eye, and aosp media add-on, to be exact. So far I am loving it! However I do have some questions.

1. What all should I load from FRM, there is a pile of stuff in there, but most of witch I hav'nt a clue what it is and if I really need it or not.

(ie, services.jar speed uncap patch / microbes LWP / moto alarm (blur alarm) / Launcher / launcher Pro VO.8.3 gingerbread theme / Gallery / keyboards / blackout keyboards / ect...)

2. Should I mess with overclocking? If so what settings should I go for, Looking for long lasting battery, my speed for everything as is, is fine with me, so it seems like it would really only be for battery managment.

3. Can I get/use themes other than the ones in FRM, if so where and how, also in current theme, is it possible to change icons and items like home doc (i think thats what it is called, very bottom of home screen, has phone, home and web).

4. I like this setup very much, if I could make only a few minor changes would be perfect. With the FRM it is very simple, and Me proof ( idiot proof). However Liking this the way I do, I am reading many people like Liberty better, my question is how hard/easy would it be to try that. FRM was so easy, are others like liberty that easy as well, and what are the differences?

thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones