• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Flash (aa-aarrgghh)

Soxfest

Lurker
Jan 4, 2011
Newbie here, new to android and to these forums (hello all).

Can anyone offer some advice? I've bought myself a Nexus S here in the UK, and understand that the browser should run flash video, such as on the bbc.co.uk site. I have seen a video review of the Nexus S browser playing a flash video, but mine won't. Nor can I find the option to play flash content only on demand, within the browser settings. Its obviously android 2.3, so is my device/software defective or does the browser only play flash if I download the Flash app from the marketplace? I have searched but cant find anything to say that I should have to do that to make the browser work!

Any advice for this non-techie would be very much appreciated.

Newbie here, new to android and to these forums (hello all).

Can anyone offer some advice? I've bought myself a Nexus S here in the UK, and understand that the browser should run flash video, such as on the bbc.co.uk site. I have seen a video review of the Nexus S browser playing a flash video, but mine won't. Nor can I find the option to play flash content only on demand, within the browser settings. Its obviously android 2.3, so is my device/software defective or does the browser only play flash if I download the Flash app from the marketplace? I have searched but cant find anything to say that I should have to do that to make the browser work!

Any advice for this non-techie would be very much appreciated.

You have to download the app. Just search the market for Adobe Flash 10.1 and install it.

Reactions: Soxfest
Upvote 0
Thanks very much for this. I'd decided that must be the case and downloaded the flash app - still cant find a way to change settings on it (the app doesnt show up as such and theres no settings when I access it through downloads) but it seems to be on 'on demand' anyway, and works well enough.

Not quite sure how 2.3 is different from 2.2 in this respect, although flash support seemed to be a selling point for 2.3 from what I read.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones