• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Flash Support" ... Do you know what it is?

Well now you're getting nitpicky! ;) That's like saying Android 1 or 2. :D Maemo as a whole has been around for three or four years. Though it's still a relatively unknown os.

Well again, my point was that its "full Flash support" was on a "new platform" (Maemo 5), and though laggy, if the developers wanted to, they could do it for Android...given their shared Linux roots.

FWIW, I've been going to more Flash based sites with my n900, and its seems like Flash in general loads kinda slow, not just the embedded media. Audio always seems to run in real time, but video lags far behind. This may be to Nokia's drivers however. I tried the beta version of Fennec, and its also just a slow rendering Flash heavy pages (for comparison's sake vs. native browser).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones