• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flashed wrong twrp file

Can you flash the stock recovery via odin? Or possibly via fastboot commands? Or is there a stock rom package you can flash to start over? I'm not a Samsung guy so I don't have any experience flashing those devices as well as odin.

Wish I had more answers for you but that's all I can think of to try. I just came off a night shift so I'll be sleeping soon. But hopefully someone with more Samsung knowledge will stop by in my absence.

Upvote 0
While trying to root my samsung galaxy j7 ,I flashed other devices twrp file using odin3 then when I pressed volup+home+power its not going forward and not showing twrp logo.Then I tried to flash correct twrp file using odin ,it is failing to do so.What shoul I do now .
like @Brian706 mentioned you will need to try and flash a samsung firmware. you need to go to Download firmware updates for your Samsung mobile phone and tablet and get the correct firmware that is specifically for your device. dont make the same mistake though. flashing the wrong firmware can screw the phone up even more. you will need odin to flash the firmware. details on how to flash it will be in the download part of the site.

once you have a working phone then you can try again using the correct twrp for your phone.

edit: what is your phone's model number?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones