• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root flashing recovery sbf won't stick

mIXpRo

Sep 13, 2010
hii,
i've been trying to root my milstone , here is it details :
Code:
Firmware version :
2.1-update1

Firmware configurations .. 
GAS_EMEA_USASHLS00CELLIL_P018

Baseband version
3GSMEPU91A_U_91.07.56I

Baseband conf..
USASHLSMR2ISRLB1B806D.0R

Kernel 
2.6.29-omap1
[EMAIL="milestcm@il93lnxgbld03"]milestcm@il93lnxgbld03[/EMAIL] # 1

Build number
SHOLS_U2_02.27.c

one of the tutorials i've followed :
Root and Flash Custom ROM on Motorola Milestone running Android 2.1

but the problem is :
it's like whenever i flash a vulnerable sbf , the old one come back after reboot , for example :
i have applyed the update.zip with openrecovery from the tutorial above and the recovery menu changed to the what it says (in the tutorial ) but after i reboot the phone when i log in the recovery menu again i get the old one with just the 4 options :
reboot ....
apply update.....
wipe ....
wipe .....

does anyone have any idea ?

thnx

Since you're on the Stock firmware you will need to apply the vulnerable recovery each time before you apply the update in recovery mode. Whenever you boot into recovery you will always see that screen until you re-apply the update.zip.

On a side note...your firmware wasn't listed on the and-developers website. Make sure you do a full nandroid before trying too much.

Upvote 0
iv'e done a full nandroid first time i saw this problem . :)
now another problem :
i just applyed the update.zip , didn't mount any rom (still the default rom i got with the phone when i buyed it), and i have a superuser app ..

the problem is :
1) when using adb on pc for instance adb shell i get the $ insteed of #
2) when pushing or pulling i get permission denied ,

is it because the rom on the phone , should i mount a rooted rom ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones