• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Flashing rom thats apps2sd without sd card set up

That usually just means that the ROM supports a2sd if you want to use it. You have to partition your sdcard and actually run a2sd yourself. That being the case, there is no harm in flashing a ROM like that. Heck, most of them already are, and you may not even notice.
Thanks Akazabam for your fast responce as always...my god they should put you on the payroll here;)...Is there a benifit for partioning the sd card and doing that...is it complex as far as doing it right...and do you do anything different when flashing a rom after partioning. If I were to do this I probably should get a bigger sd card before , like a 32gb also what class do you think would be good for now and the future....Thanks as always...:D

Upvote 0
The benefit to doing it is that all apps can be moved to the sdcard. With stock froyo apps2sd, you can only move apps that have been made to do so. Basically the developer of the app has to add the code to allow it. Also, widgets from those apps that have been moved can no longer be used. A2sd with a partitioned sdcard allows for any app you want to be moved to the sdcard by creating a partition in the native linux filesystem (ext) allowing apps to actually be executed from there (foroyo apps2sd only moves portions of the app). So, not only can you move all the apps you want, but the widgets will still work. They're disabled with normal froyo apps2sd because when you mount the sdcard on your computer, the card isn't mounted on the phone, and widgets won't work. A2sd eliminates this problem.

It's not all *that* complex to set up. Read this:

[Script][A2SD] Darktremor Apps2SD 2.7.5.2 (10/03/2010) - xda-developers

You can get a bigger sdcard if you want. It's probably a good idea. Really, this isn't worth it unless you're running out of space on /data and need to install more apps. It's up to you. Since I switched to mikfroyo, I've had so much space on /data, that I just don't see the point.

Reactions: exclamation_mark
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones