• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

FM Radio tunable

kc0018907

Lurker
Jul 19, 2011
Hi all, i am looking for an FM Radio APP for Android 2.3 version on Samsung Galaxy S2. This tool should also allow me to play the FM channels on my bluetooth.

Right now the app provided for me allows me to listen FM channels over earphones or the inbuilt speakers.

please suggest.

regards
Kishore.ch

What do you mean by "play fm radio over bluetooth"?
An FM radio that app streams audio via A2DP.

For Pandora if i have my plantronics k100 on it automatically plays through that. But with my crappy samsung wep 350 or whatever the model is it won't play an other audio besides calls.
Does the Samsung support A2DP? Not all BT capable devices necessarily support A2DP or AVCRP.

Upvote 0
No the samsung doesn't which is why it didn't shock me that it didn't play music. But most of the others I got do like jawbone, plantronics, blueant. I only got the samsung cause it was $5 and my just in case headset. Most of the higher end headsets/speakers are a2dp enabled.

The plantronics works with Pandora no problem but for a music player i got (can't remember the name) it won't automatically connect gotta fuss with it a little before it works right.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yes. I want to tune to local FM radios and listen on Bluetooth head sets. Default FM radio app which came with Samsung Galaxy S2 allow me to listen FM radio using wired head sets or inbuilt speakers.

You cannot listen to FM over Bluetooth headsets, because FM receivers need an antenna. The wires of classic headphones or earbuds are your antenna.

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0
You cannot listen to FM over Bluetooth headsets, because FM receivers need an antenna. The wires of classic headphones or earbuds are your antenna.

That's an excellent point.

In theory they should be able to engineer around that (you dont really need a long antenna AFAIK) but I'd venture to guess it would be pretty unlikely that any manufacturer would put in all that effort.

Upvote 0
That's an excellent point.

In theory they should be able to engineer around that (you dont really need a long antenna AFAIK) but I'd venture to guess it would be pretty unlikely that any manufacturer would put in all that effort.

For decent reception, you need at least one quarter of the signal's wave length. A signal of 100 MHz has a wave length of around 3 meters or 10 feet.

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0
I know the FM radio works only if you have plugged a wired head set because this is the antenna. But I tried a combination that doesn't work and I think there's no reason for it.

I wish to use the FM radio on my android cellphone with a wired head set plugged to give it an antenna. But I don't want to use this head set to hear the radio. I want to keep this things in my pocket and use my wireless (bluetooth) head set to hear the radio. One headset as antenna and the other to hear. I think it shouldn't be a problem for the hardware, but the software don't allow me to do it.

I have an Alcatel OT-906 with Android 2.2.2.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones