• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help FM Transmitter for the DROID

Upvote 0
WHY would anyone want to do Bluetooth to FM just to listen to music. The sound quality will be degraded. Just get an FM transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack of the Droid. You can get them everywhere and they're cheap, and you'll use less battery.

Some people are just trying to make it far to complicated for this poor guy.

Direct connection to the stereo is always the best, but it that's not an option then get something like this and then you'll have power as well. The only issue with an adapter like that is making sure it can supply enough power to your phone to charge it. :)

Upvote 0
I have tried 3 different ones and even with just a little radio station interference they crap out, not supplying a good strong signal to my radio.

I may try the Moto T505 next.... I get too much interference in my area - in the middle of the afternoon there is not a single channel (other than the restricted 87.9 and 87.7) that don't have some sort of radio chatter coming in from somewhere.

I realize that it could very well be my radio, as the car is 10 years old, but I am certainly not going to get another radio installed in a car I plan on ditching soon anyway.

And as for battery - why, that is why I have a charger cable and a cigarette lighter socket adapter.

Upvote 0
But the Moto T505 won't eliminate the FM interference that you get. Unless you're just playing music through that little speaker?

Might as well just use the speaker in the phone then. heh

You could just go get a good set of powered computer speakers with a little sub, put them under the seats, and plug the phone into them. I know... it's a little overboard, but it would work! lol

Upvote 0
Same here, better than a LOT of other transmitters that I have tried.

Someone else asked about the manual choosing of stations, not really manual, but you can select another one.

When I first got mine, it chose a station. Used it for a while and was like WTF, I'm getting some crackling/interference here and there.

I turned off the T505, and I was shocked to know that it was on a full strength station, but it's internal FM blocked it almost all out! I fiddled for a few mins, got it to select a new channel.... turned it off, viola empty channel, and it's been working GREAT ever since!!!!!!

But the Moto T505 won't eliminate the FM interference that you get. Unless you're just playing music through that little speaker?

Might as well just use the speaker in the phone then. heh

You could just go get a good set of powered computer speakers with a little sub, put them under the seats, and plug the phone into them. I know... it's a little overboard, but it would work! lol

The quotation above yours makes it seem like this has a much more powerful transmitter (or, at the very least, the digital part) makes it better. If he was getting static on a full radio station, then perhaps it will block out stations that are weaker.

Again, I realize that my radio is playing a big factor - but Nissan was big into using Clarion, and IIRC Phase Loop Lock was already in use by then, by I cannot verify that it was in the model that is in my car. If worse comes to worse, I can always replace the entire thing, but double DIN head units are still expensive, all things considered.

Plus, I won a $400 Amazon Gift Certificate in a contest earlier this year, and had $188 left on it so I might as well buy it and try it - if I don't like it / it does not work, I can sell it for a profit, even at half price.

So, win-win situation for me. hell, I threw in a pair of the S9 HD also, just to see if they really work all that well or not. Same deal - if I don't like it I can sell it for profit.

And If this does not work, I still can have a little over $100 to buy a new double DIN factory-replacement head unit and put it in there and then I can give up on wireless completely and use Aux in....

Doh! I'm an idiot - forgot the head unit has controls for CD Changer controls - I should look in the back to see if it has proprietary connector or if it has control and Aux in - as in RCA - then all my problems would be solved....

Upvote 0
WHY would anyone want to do Bluetooth to FM just to listen to music. The sound quality will be degraded. Just get an FM transmitter that plugs into the headphone jack of the Droid. You can get them everywhere and they're cheap, and you'll use less battery.

Some people are just trying to make it far to complicated for this poor guy.

Direct connection to the stereo is always the best, but it that's not an option then get something like this and then you'll have power as well. The only issue with an adapter like that is making sure it can supply enough power to your phone to charge it. :)

I want bluetooth because of the wireless. I don't want to have wires running around my car.

Upvote 0
I am looking for a way to play music from my DROID through my car speakers. I have the DLO FM Transmitter for the IPod Touch, and it works great. However, I can't seem to find an FM transmitter that supports the DROID or micro USB.

Does anybody know of one that's available? If not, are there any other options to play music through my car speakers?
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Connecting your iPod to your car speakers[/FONT][FONT=&quot] may seem a little difficult, especially if you don’t have a cassette deck in your car, but it’s actually quite easy and won’t cost you much money. It definitely worth the $40 or so bucks you’ll have to spend in order to have your entire music collection available at all times rather than having to listen to the radio.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.fmheroes.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot] is a great online store where you can find almost all kinds of FM transmitter, I'm sure you will like some of them!
My recommendation is that you can find more information of FM transmitter on [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]http://www.fmheroes.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot], they have nearly all types of FM transmitters, and their price is also so attractive[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones