• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Folder view

The Folder View option is for messages as follows:

Folder View
This screen displays your messages in a tabular format. Inbox,
Outbox, and Draft display on different tabs. the number of
messages contained in each folder displays in a brackets.
1. From the Home screen, touch Messaging.
2. Press Menu > Folder view.
3. Touch one of the tabs to view the messages in that folder.

When I press Menu, the only options I have are Compose, Delete Threads, Search, and Settings and there is no View option listed under Settings. By default, my messages are arranged in Thread view and I would like to try the Folder view option.

Upvote 0
I think I may have solved my own problem. The answer may lie in the minor differences between Vibrant versions (i9000 vs T959). I was using the T959 manual. I found a manual for the i9000 which does not mention folder view and comparing specs under inbox capacity the i9000 reads "threaded view" where the T959 does not.

I always thought that the two versions were identical but apparently they are not. I'm curious about the differences and if one does not already exist, I would am going to start a i9000 vs T959 thread.

Upvote 0
My bad, I didn't see that you were specifically talking about the message window.

Yeah, when I pull up the options for messages, there is a folder view option. It toggles between folder and thread view. Which really doesn't seem to give you all that much more really. I don't save drafts and if I deleted it, then I don't care to save it in a trash folder or anything, and sent messages are in the thread anyways.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones