• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For Downgrading, or putting Stock rom on

wow...i have learned alot too...i guess since i have to put it simply. is anyone working on rooting 2.2.2 (regardless of how easy the downgrade method is)???? I have been very successful due to this forum as well. I am running cm7 myself and i learned everything to get there within the last month. My question about rooting 2.2.2 is simply out of pure curiosity

Upvote 0
wow...i have learned alot too...i guess since i have to put it simply. is anyone working on rooting 2.2.2 (regardless of how easy the downgrade method is)???? I have been very successful due to this forum as well. I am running cm7 myself and i learned everything to get there within the last month. My question about rooting 2.2.2 is simply out of pure curiosity
I am guessing there is nothing yet because the phone is no longer supported, I am guessing there will not be gingerbread for it either.

Upvote 0
well, i had it on cm7 right?... i gave this phone to my brother. he wanted to add his number onto the phone. so i opened up LGNPST v1.2 lab version to put the stock ROM to program the phone. i added the prl 3023. it wrote it to the phone. the phone rebooted all the way(still on cm7) then, i did the .BIN thing. i hit start and it got all the way to 100% the phone turned off and back on and the metropcs thing came up and then the android... but it doesnt go any further than that. and yes i did try pulling the battery out. but still, no luck:eek:

Upvote 0
Why did you try to downgrade? lol

I think your stuck with 2 options. Redownload the bin and re-try this tutorial. Or move on and start from the unbrick from lg screen tutorial. If you do the unbrick from lg screen it will probably destroy your service programming so you will need to fix that in QPST.

Upvote 0
Lol i try downgrading for the programming. i had a feeling this was gonna happen. Haha. Well i'm going to try the unbriking thing. Is there a tutorial on how to set it up with qpst? If all goes well? Lol

Just for future reference all programming can be done with QPST service programming. You might need to fake walking thru the *228 programming with metro to acquire your MIN #, but you don't need access to the hidden programming menu in the stock rom to program.

Get the phone back to a semi-working state with the unbrick from lg screen thread and then check and see if your MEID and phone # are correct, let me know the status and I'll help you get going. Dont wait for the battery to die like that tutorial states, instead unplug phone remove battery, then hold down the impossible button combo(a 3rd hand goes a long way here) then plug the battery in while still holding down the buttons.

Upvote 0
Help, Why do I Keep Getting This?
THIS.jpg

fixed that but know i get this

this2.jpg

How did you fix the first part?

Upvote 0
When you install the program it will install to C:\LGNPST inside there you need to place the exe that comes with at that point you can open it and run it but if you try to open it before moving it to that folder it will give you that message.

Ok i got it to work. My phone is now unbricked on stock ROM... But now my esn is zeroed out! i tried putting it back with QPST because i had saved settings from that phone a while back. My phone number and MIN are there..., also when i hit ##626* the service code is 587846. it also says it's on MetroPCS. BUT THE PHONE DOES NOT HAVE SERVICE. (I CHANGED MY NUMBER TO AN ESTEEM)

Upvote 0
Ok i got it to work. My phone is now unbricked on stock ROM... But now my esn is zeroed out! i tried putting it back with QPST because i had saved settings from that phone a while back. My phone number and MIN are there..., also when i hit ##626* the service code is 587846. it also says it's on MetroPCS. BUT THE PHONE DOES NOT HAVE SERVICE. (I CHANGED MY NUMBER TO AN ESTEEM)

Sounds like you just need to write the MEID with QXDM, if you want to be able to hook it up again that is...

Upvote 0
If you can't figure out how to disable UAC and register the .dll, you should PAY someone who does or live with a stock phone.

I knew nothing of Android as of March of this year. Thanks to reading this forum I can compile my own damn roms now. If someone is too lazy to learn they need to pay someone that took the time to learn to do it for them.

I was one of those guys that rooted 2.2.1 the long way, and I was successful with the process, BECAUSE I read, researched, and downloaded files before I attempted anything! This forum is very informative but you have to do some legwork yourself also!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones