• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those of you having problems with your Incredible after 2.2

I'm not having any of these problems either. Especially about battery life.

mailgooglecomk.jpg

Hasn't touched a charger since Sunday. Stock battery. I've yet to try out the extended one due to me not having a door for it.

Do you use a task killer?

Upvote 0
OMG.... I HATE THE LAG IN TEXTING...

Even when i use the security pattern to unlock the phone there is a slight lag... and when im texting the lag is so bad it will sometimes have to catch up to all the buttons i've pressed.

YES i did a hard restart and lost all my shT. ugh

damn u froyo and your unwanted VZnavigator and skype crap...

UGHHHHHHH!!!!

Upvote 0
Hey guys. I'm going to purchase my incredible tomorrow but I had a quick question. I've been hearing about some problems people are facing with the OTA froyo 2.2 update. And people have suggested doing a factory reset or what not. So if my droid incredible is brand new, what do you guys think I should do? Just keep it 2.1? Or download the 2.2 update right away before I start adding contacts widgets etc so that I don't lose anything. Not really sure, but I'll appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks guys.

Upvote 0
Hey guys. I'm going to purchase my incredible tomorrow but I had a quick question. I've been hearing about some problems people are facing with the OTA froyo 2.2 update. And people have suggested doing a factory reset or what not. So if my droid incredible is brand new, what do you guys think I should do? Just keep it 2.1? Or download the 2.2 update right away before I start adding contacts widgets etc so that I don't lose anything. Not really sure, but I'll appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks guys.

You won't have a choice... It will force you to update or you cant use it at all.

I dont think its a reason not to get the phone, theres just some stuff we all got used to and the change has a lot of pros but also a lot of cons.

If the phone always came with 2.2 none of us would be the wiser and we would be happy as pigs in sh|t

Upvote 0
Id like to do a hard reset, but Im a bit sketched out about losing all my things... Im not worried about contacts since all of my contacts are backed up with the VZW Backup Assistant and I can view\edit them on the Verizon website.. I am concerned about my apps. I know the OP said since you are using 2.2 they will resync.. But that is automatically? Is there a way I can just transfer all my apps to my SD and not even have to worry about it?

Upvote 0
Id like to do a hard reset, but Im a bit sketched out about losing all my things... Im not worried about contacts since all of my contacts are backed up with the VZW Backup Assistant and I can view\edit them on the Verizon website.. I am concerned about my apps. I know the OP said since you are using 2.2 they will resync.. But that is automatically? Is there a way I can just transfer all my apps to my SD and not even have to worry about it?

Astro will let you backup your apps to the SD card.

Upvote 0
You won't have a choice... It will force you to update or you cant use it at all.

I dont think its a reason not to get the phone, theres just some stuff we all got used to and the change has a lot of pros but also a lot of cons.

If the phone always came with 2.2 none of us would be the wiser and we would be happy as pigs in sh|t

You could keep clicking later, my understanding that it goes away after a while (but starts up again on reboots).

And none of the widespread issues are really major. Every phone has issues, and 2.2 gets us a lot more stuff than we lost.

Upvote 0
I was having lots of lag when texting and using the internet after the OTA. I conceded and did a factory reset, and things are 100% better. Only took an hour to re-install the apps and configure some settings, so it was well worth it.

Also, Angels Punishment, where did you get that battery meter? That thing is sweet.

Upvote 0
Okay so Im with all of you who lost your 3g. I did as well and Verizon is sending me a new phone.

My biggest problem is with all the random apps opening when the phone isnt even being used. Ill use the task killer, put the phone down, pick it up 5 min later and Ill have VZ navigator, amazon mp3, skype, and even some random games. This is killing my battery.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Upvote 0
for what it's worth, I did the update.zip from the SD card - was getting a lot of the choppy scrolling, and lots of delays and crappy performance from the phone... It was bad enough I've done a hard reset and it's made a marked improvement, even with all my apps installed back on the phone... I wouldn't go as far as to say it's as good as it was before, but it's definately much better.

Upvote 0
This is my list of issues I had with Froyo and a factory reset didn't fix any of them:

- Loss of 3G service every other time the phone is power cycled.
- Swype doesn't work the way it should. Uninstalled/re-installed, but it doesn't work when the phone is power cycled. Per Swype, you must toggle the input method every time.
- Angry Birds doesn't run. :(
- Phone doesn't charge fast enough to be used as a GPS unit in the car. HTC/VZW says this is by design.

The first and last issues are enough for me to pass on Froyo for the moment. What good is smart phone with no data? What good is having Google Navigation if you can't use it?
You can"t remove Skype on a un Rooted phone. Wish we could.

If VZW changed the charging so you can't use the phone as a GPS by design, it's funny how they installed their bloatware version.

Sounds like maybe a Class Action lawsuit needs to be started against VZW for all the headache the Froyo has caused many and will continue until they get this crap fixed.:mad::mad:

Upvote 0
Ok my problems so far on top of the problems listed...

1. My GPS is pretty crappy. Not even accurate at all. Before it used to zero down to like 7-10 meters. Now its like 50-100+ And now my navigation feature doesn't even work. Before I can put in an address and hit navigate. It would give the turn by turn direction...now it just stop and says "Searching for GPS" it can locate me and give me a list of the directions but can't do turn by turn. Trust me the GPS was set on. I checked all the SETTING > LOCATION...played around with it

2. The camcorder doesn't work anymore. Everytime I used it...hit record...it would just freeze up and restart. Camera is fine just camcorder doesn't work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones