• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For what you use cell phone?

I use my Sprint Treo 755 for everything. I use word, adobe, I love the eReader function, I send more texts than my wife (she hates that), personal email, Market watch, IM, following sports searching for everything (GoogHelper from iambic who also have an Android version) and more. I don't listen to much music on it, but the iPod works great for that anyway.

Oh yeah, and games! I love to have games and books (edocuments?) on it to keep me busy while waiting (meetings, appointments, my kids' activities, etc).

Upvote 0
I'm also currently on a Treo (680, it's the one with the largest display, since I came from a Tungsten T3).

I don't use it as a phone per se, I still use it as a PDA. The phone part is just so I don't have to lug around a separate device. I very rarely need any Internet connectivity, I really like having everything local.

* Calendar: multiple categories (layers) of schedules, reminders, birthdays, vacations, ...
* Address Book: not just a phone book, but a full-fledged listing with addresses (home/work and postal/email), dates (birthdays, anniversaries), personal notes, ...
* Memos: quickly jotted notes-to-self, journal entries, inspiration, misc. reference, ...
* To-Do list: I'm a list-making nut, esp. nested ones (that is, outlines). Because of this (or therefore?), I'm a fan of David Allen's GTD method, and make heavy use of Natara Bonsai for my outlining needs.
* Entertainment: a couple of ebooks and games, no music.
* Reference: Dictionary&thesaurus, astronomy, world clock, chem table, ... (biorythms, too, but just for laughs)
* Security: Automated and encrypted nightly backups (in case of fatal crash), remote lock/wipe software (in case it gets lost), per-entry privacy settings in every app (I'm soo gonna miss that on Android, as have seen others lamenting for that functionality)
* Phone: occasional phone call, texting

Hey, anyone know of a good outlining text editor for Android? Or will I have to write my own?

Upvote 0
Alarm Clock
Web Browsing
RSS reading with Google Reader
Audio podcast listening
MP3 Player
Family digital camera
Voice calls
800 texts per month
Pic messaging
Family camcorder
Long distance calling with Google Voice
Calendar syncing with Google
Contact syncing with Google
Task managing with Google
Google Maps navigation
Locale - location based phone changes (vibrate the phone at church)
War driving with GMon
Buy music to the phone with AmazonMP3
Follow my running / walking trails with MyTracks
LoJack with Mobile Defense
Run apps Tmobile doesn't want me too ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones