• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Form filling history

fookingrekt

Lurker
Jan 24, 2022
On my Galaxy S7 running Android 7.0 I have the option to put all information into a form field that I have used in the past in the same or similar fields, e.g name and and email address. On my other Galaxy S7 running Android 8.0 I cannot do this.

Is there an option to enable it anywhere? Which app handles this?

Screenshot_20220401-115034.png

Good question! I'd like to know because, every 30 days or so, Android Forums makes me sign in again. I receive a numeric code by email that I'm to enter into the website's field... and every freaking code I've ever entered into that field is saved! I don't want to nuke the browser's data and wipe out everything for every site: but if there's a way to surgically delete the data for certain fields, on certain sites, that information would be worth its weight in gold*. It would be particularly helpful to prevent those field entries from being saved in the first place.

*-
Yes I know it's information and doesn't weigh anything. Stop being a dork about it
:p:D

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
There is a built in Samsung app that saves the fourms, I accidently open it up the other day and it saids "Milo would you like to save all your fourm data?" Autofill with Samsung pass :) Try doing that on your Samsung Devices my friends :)

That app is for Android 8.0+, so it isn't the app that's doing it on my S7 running 7.0. I already have it on my 8.0 S7 but it doesn't work (at least not in the form fields that I tried)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones