• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root formatting / partition SD card? (I'm stuck between ROM's)

makewayhomer

Android Enthusiast
May 1, 2010
I'm trying to install cyanogen mod 7 and wiped my sd card. now the install "won't take"...it won't mount the card, even though it WILL install the card. in clokworkmod recovery

I think the problem is my card. how am I supposed to partition it? I need to do it on my computer since my phone wont boot

I wipe everything. then I install CM7. then when I go to apply it, I get the message "E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip (no such file or directory)

installation aborted

You said you install cm7, then go to "apply it" what do you mean by that? you should just install the rom and reboot.

I usually get an when an error when wiping the dalvik, not sure if it's that one though.

Ps.. You also shouldn't be wiping your sd card, you only need to do the "factory reset" option in clockwork and the dalvik cache wipe from the advanced menu.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones