• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forums for Android™

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Can you confirm that he did create that thread with the app and also what version of the app he is using? Let me know if you want me to contact them but figured you might already have a chat open with him. Thanks.
Update: It looks like a single space is OK. A symbol followed by a space makes it go nuts, including two spaces.

Reactions: steve
Upvote 0
Changes for this build:
  • Timeline filter (now in Play Store)
  • View thread in browser
  • Post numbers
  • Share post (supports post number and page)
  • Speed improvements
  • Fixed multiple memory leaks
  • MyStuff sorts by last post (more updates coming)
  • New support dialog
I have been slacking on this thread but I have been taking notes. This version will really speed things up for you and has some convenience features a few of you have been suggesting. Next week I will address some thread related questions and tackle some of these outstanding bugs.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• Forums_1.5.4.3.apk
    5.7 MB · Views: 228
Upvote 0
That's better, working now.

It still isn't possible to download the apk directly in the app, the option is there but it just goes to a blank screen and nothing happens. Have to go to a browser to do it.

I'll verify on older versions but it should open in a chrome 'in app' Chrome tab and regular Chrome as a fallback. Works on my current device but may be something with older SDKs. I'll look into that.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Same here but using MM 6.0.1

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170415-090128.png
    Screenshot_20170415-090128.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 205
Reactions: steve
Upvote 0
I don't use Chrome on the phone, I use FF and it does offer that option but having to open a browser or other app just to download a file is inconvenient. The old app and Tapatalk had no problem with this.
The new app has never been able to do this for me. In earlier versions it only offered the external browser/app options, now at least it does offer the app as a means to download but when selected only goes to the blank screen.

Upvote 0
There seems to be a disconnect in content between the forums and the app. Posts I make through the app show up in My Stuff, but posts I make on the web don't show up in My Stuff on the app although they do show up in the web version.
Also there appears to be a time limit for viewing forum content in the app, Some forums only go back 1 week, others 1 month. To see older content requires a browser.

Upvote 0
Fixed some bugs that were reported. Few that I fixed:
  • Crash on new thread/topic
  • Crash on resume (theme related)
  • Jump to the correct post from notification (that was annoying)
  • Crash when refreshing add community activity tabs
Still investigating the opening apk link. I just need to test some more devices and stuff.

There seems to be a disconnect in content between the forums and the app. Posts I make through the app show up in My Stuff, but posts I make on the web don't show up in My Stuff on the app although they do show up in the web version.
Also there appears to be a time limit for viewing forum content in the app, Some forums only go back 1 week, others 1 month. To see older content requires a browser.
Currently, the MyStuff tab shows threads/posts for watched threads. That is it. I recently made an improvement to get that sorting by latest posts rather than threads but I still have not fully revamped that tab yet. When I do, I will fill this disconnect and it will be much better to find recent threads/posts regardless of where you posted.

Needs jump to first unread. Seriously.
I fixed the jump to post from a notification. I hope to get the unread post and unread thread tracking more precise in future updates. You should not get new notifications for threads that you have not read yet so technically when clicking on a notification it should take you to your last unread post for that thread now.

Either their is virtually no traffic on this site or the timeline just doesn't update. I keep seeing old posts 20 hours to 4 to 5 days at the top of my timeline with no activity within those topics.
The timeline will only show threads/posts for the App channels and community forums that you have added to the Forums tab. Are you seeing different or just expect it to show EVERYTHING regardless of your Forums tab?

Attachments

• Forums_1.5.4.5.apk
    5.7 MB · Views: 175
Upvote 0
Fixed some bugs that were reported. Few that I fixed:
Crash on new thread/topic

Crash on resume (theme related)

Jump to the correct post from notification (that was annoying)

Crash when refreshing add community activity tabs

Still investigating the opening apk link. I just need to test some more devices and stuff.
Currently, the MyStuff tab shows threads/posts for watched threads. That is it. I recently made an improvement to get that sorting by latest posts rather than threads but I still have not fully revamped that tab yet. When I do, I will fill this disconnect and it will be much better to find recent threads/posts regardless of where you posted.
I fixed the jump to post from a notification. I hope to get the unread post and unread thread tracking more precise in future updates. You should not get new notifications for threads that you have not read yet so technically when clicking on a notification it should take you to your last unread post for that thread now.
The timeline will only show threads/posts for the App channels and community forums that you have added to the Forums tab. Are you seeing different or just expect it to show EVERYTHING regardless of your Forums tab?

I thought it should show everything. How in the world can we expect people to get any help with such limited options on seeing threads?

Example. Just because I don't own a Samsung device any longer doesn't mean I couldn't be of help to someone who has an issue. I don't want to have to try and subscribe to everything just to see posts.

How about an option to show all posts regardless of subscription in the timeline?

Upvote 0
I thought it should show everything. How in the world can we expect people to get any help with such limited options on seeing threads?

Example. Just because I don't own a Samsung device any longer doesn't mean I couldn't be of help to someone who has an issue. I don't want to have to try and subscribe to everything just to see posts.

How about an option to show all posts regardless of subscription in the timeline?

That's what I want in the app as well, to see everything that is posted recently, i.e. a complete timeline. Because at the moment, I'm mainly using browser for AF, otherwise I might miss questions and things that I can possibly answer.

Reactions: MLSS
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones