• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forwaring Email Attachments is Totally Screwy

benavramd

Lurker
Nov 24, 2009
Not sure if it's just me, but I am basically unable to successfully forward emails with attachments. From within my exchange account, the forwarded message is delivered with my typed text, none of the quoted text, and an error file instead of the attachment: A_POLICY_VIOLATED_FILE_WAS_DETECTED_AND_REMOVED.TXT.

This happens regardless of what type of email account I forward the message to--google account or exchange.

If I forward a message with an attachment from my google account, it includes my text and quoted text at least, but not the attachment.

Anyone else having this problem? If I can't forward attachments, ok--but I don't get the policy violated file thing. I should note that this occurs in TouchDown and in the native android 2.0 mail application.

Thank you!!

------------------

OK--I obviously didn't look hard enough. I was able to successfully forward in TouchDown by downloading the attachments first. The quoted text and the full attachments then went just fine.

Have you tried it in OWA? You should. It sounds like the error is coming from the Exchange server. What type of file is it? Often EXE, VBA, PPT and other stuff can be blocked because it's code can execute on the receiver's computer. To fix you would have to change the extension to EXX (for an EXE) or zip it.

If you don't see this problem in Outlook it might be because you're on an internal network versus external.

Def want to try OWA.

Upvote 0
benavramd -

There's no easy solution for forwarding email attachments. But from the thread below I got this:

"The 2nd level Motorola tech told me that my only work around is to save the file and re-attach it to the forward email."

From this thread, Email attachments: DROID cannot save or forward.

That thread is a good 4 page discussion with partial solutions of email attachment problems.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones