• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Found a solution for my shield tablet slow down

tjp888

Lurker
Mar 25, 2010
Like a lot of people with the Shield Tablet, mine was getting very laggy and slow. It was at it's worse when it had been sitting idle for a while (and when not on a charger). Since the "doze" function in Marshmallow sucks, I suspected that the slow down was a result of the tablet not executing the "doze" function correctly. If you google this you'll find this is a huge problem with Marshmallow.
So I rooted the table and with the adb command of "adb shell dumpsys deviceidle disable" was able to disable doze.
Ta-da! No more issues with an unresponsive tablet since doing this. Of course, I'll have to execute this command after each reboot, but I don't care. It's a huge improvement.

Reactions: doniago

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones